British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Practice the new road rules here! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/practice-new-road-rules-here-752503/)

Foxesecho Mar 23rd 2012 10:58 am

Practice the new road rules here!

Just found this for those of you who feel they may need to practice the new rules before Sunday morning :rofl:

http://www.giveway.co.nz/interactive

cappuccino Mar 23rd 2012 11:49 am

Re: Practice the new road rules here!

I got them all right so feel quite confident in my driving skills - just worried about everyone else making errors :unsure:

Charismatic Mar 23rd 2012 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 9968408)
I got them all right so feel quite confident in my driving skills - just worried about everyone else making errors :unsure:

It's no worse than the risks you take with roundabouts v.s. indicators here.

Kija Mar 23rd 2012 10:02 pm

Cheers for this, I'm really worried about mucking things up when the rules change so this has been quite helpful!

sparkie down under Mar 24th 2012 1:59 am

What is the problem here, we've all been doing this since we all started driving anyway - have you all suddenly turned in to idiot kiwi drivers? :banghead:

Charismatic Mar 24th 2012 4:25 am

Originally Posted by sparkie down under (Post 9969564)
What is the problem here, we've all been doing this since we all started driving anyway - have you all suddenly turned in to idiot kiwi drivers? :banghead:

Do you remember those nifty pedals you used to get in cars that flick the headlights up and down, why don't they do those any more? They where great at night when you where trying to change gears and light a cigarette or open a can of lager at the same time without having to blind oncoming motorists. Moral of the story is when in Rome...:thumbup:.

Charismatic Mar 24th 2012 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 9969298)
Cheers for this, I'm really worried about mucking things up when the rules change so this has been quite helpful!

I'm confused, when where rules implemented? :confused: I think if the government decided to implement and apply laws about standards and practises when driving they would have informed the public.

Catchafire Mar 24th 2012 6:02 am

Annoyed that the stereo in the car does not appear to work.

BEVS Mar 24th 2012 6:17 am

I'm obviously expected to drive in a white out as all I get is a vroom noise followed by nothing.

Genesis Mar 24th 2012 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Catchafire (Post 9969678)
Annoyed that the stereo in the car does not appear to work.

It's just the CD that is broken, the radio works fine. I like the fact that I have been driving around ALL arvo and the fuel tank has not moved..how cool is that???

j19fmm Mar 24th 2012 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 9969688)
It's just the CD that is broken, the radio works fine. I like the fact that I have been driving around ALL arvo and the fuel tank has not moved..how cool is that???

And even better...you don't need to have your hands on the wheel...leaves them free for everything else :rofl:

Bo-Jangles Mar 24th 2012 10:34 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 9969809)
And even better...you don't need to have your hands on the wheel...leaves them free for everything else :rofl:

Aye, a real Kiwi driving experience, leaving you totally handsfree for the bourbon and coke in one hand, spliff in the other, texting you mate and eating your pie and tomato sauce.

Keep safe everyone!! :fingerscrossed:

Trish M Mar 24th 2012 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 9969688)

Extremely cool until the car breaks down! :rofl:

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 24th 2012 11:06 am

I just had a go for fun and made no mistakes. Your new rules must be how I drive in Italy every day. I wish Italian roads had cats eyes though.

Charismatic Mar 24th 2012 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9969929)
Aye, a real Kiwi driving experience, leaving you totally handsfree for the bourbon and coke in one hand, spliff in the other, texting you mate and eating your pie and tomato sauce.

That's so unsafe Bo! I'm disappointed with you...where is the can of V to keep you awake at the wheel when you've not slept?