PR requirments

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:49 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Default PR requirments

Hi, I hope someone can help me out here with regards to a nz pr visa.

What are the conditions of the visa?

Once granted how long have you got to enter NZ?

How long do you need to stay in NZ for to gain citizenship?

Can you leave at all for any length of time before citizenship is granted?

Also what are the blue stickers that people mention?

Really sorry if these questions seem daft but I just can't find the answers to the anywhere.

Thanks for any answers anyone can give

Ellie
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:25 pm
UK69

Default Re: PR requirments

Hi

Can I just ask a question as I have read some of your previous posts & notice your username - are you looking at NZ as a way into Oz as the questions you ask seem to suggest this ?

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:37 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Ellie have a look on www.immigration.govt.nz

Conditions of visa vary on your type of residency granted

If you take up an offer of skilled employment, you must take up that offer within 3 months of being granted your first residence permit and rmain in that company for a minimum of 3 months

blue stickers are what you get in your passport when residency is granted

You can apply for citizenship after 5 years.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:40 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

No. Not interested at all in going from NZ to OZ or vice versa. It is either one or the other.

Not very informed of the visa process in NZ, more familiar with the OZ process as spent the last year researching it!

Asking about leaving once there cos wanting to know if I could come home to visit family at all or need to stay for a certain amount of time.

Joined this site to view oz immigration as that is where we were intending on going due to oh's job a transfer being an option.

But in the last week we have decided to bite the bullet and head to NZ because of the milder climate and that it was where we looked at originally.

I'm always logged on to the site so never thought about the username!

Anything else please feel free to ask
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
But in the last week we have decided to bite the bullet and head to NZ because of the milder climate and that it was where we looked at originally.
Why not go to Tasmania if climate is an issue? Or the southern parts of Victoria, South Australia or Western Australia.

That way you still get to become Australians.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:30 pm
West is best!

The climate/landscape in NZ is similar to what we are more used to so that appeals.

We are not aiming solely to be Australians, we are aiming for a better life, be it in NZ or OZ. At the moment trying to research NZ and find out more about it and especially about the whole process of gaining residency as I am not very informed about this.

Once we have armed ourselves with all the info we will then make a decision on whether to go to NZ or OZ.

If we decide to go to OZ it would be to WA somewhere.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:37 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
If we decide to go to OZ it would be to WA somewhere.
Friends of mine from Indianapolis in the US Midwest moved to Perth. Now, the humidity is bad enough here, but he said it was completely intolerable over in Perth. They ended up moving back, not just because of the weather, but because they'd met in Sydney and Perth wasn't the Australia they knew and loved. They would have moved to Sydney, but couldn't afford the house prices, and they're both high-level computer programmers.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:31 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Can I just clarify...?!!

If I am granted PR through the skilled migration without a job offer - how long would I have to move to NZ - basically for OZ you have a short period when you need to visit Oz to validate the visa then you have 5 yrs to move... Is NZ similar?

Thanks!