Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

PR but still in uk and pregnant!!

PR but still in uk and pregnant!!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

jilza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR but still in uk and pregnant!!

Pe-posted this message....sorry for the confusion!!

Last edited by jilza; Feb 17th 2009 at 5:07 pm. Reason: reposted messege
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:15 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR but still in uk and pregnant!!

Originally Posted by jilza
Hi all. PR but still in UK but found out I was pregnant just before xmas Our PR is up at the end of June 09 so kind of confused about what to do Do we stay here or move to NZ while I'm in the family way!! That would mean reapplying for PR after the wee bubs is born........Has anyone else been in this situation? What is the antenatal care like? Helpppp Really want to move to NZ but confused....blame it on the hormones Any info would be fab
Can you not be PR and PG in NZ? ABY O U T....
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Default PR but still in uk and pregnant!!

Hi all. PR but still in UK but found out I was pregnant just before xmas Our PR is up at the end of June 09 so kind of confused about what to do Do we stay here or move to NZ while I'm in the family way!! That would mean reapplying for PR after the wee bubs is born........Has anyone else been in this situation? What is the antenatal care like? Helpppp Really want to move to NZ but confused....blame it on the hormones Any info would be fab
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You've posted this thread in the wrong forum...I'll move it over to the NZ forum.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

oops.....blame it on the hormones
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

oops.....blame it on the hormones
I see you've started another thread...go back to it...press the edit tab located at the bottom left of the post. Follow the instructions to delete it...this will remove the duplicated thread.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Will not let me delete it ...............help.....sorry
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Its a lot easier and less complicated if you have the baby in NZ as a PR. That way the baby is a NZer by birth and also a UK citizen because of heving UK parents.

If you have the baby in the UK you will have to apply for and be granted a PR for the baby.

Dont know how the standdard of care etc compares, maybe somebody on here has had a baby in NZ and can give you more info
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:16 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I came across some information recently about residency for babies born here. Probably on the NZ immigration website. If you haven't already try looking there first (might be in FAQ). I think if you've got PR your care here should be covered but hopefully someone who's actually been through this will reply soon. Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I'm sure I came across some information recently about residency for babies born here. Probably on the NZ immigration website. If you haven't already try looking there first (might be in FAQ). I think if you've got PR your care here should be covered but hopefully someone who's actually been through this will reply soon. Good luck whatever you decide.
A baby born in NZ who has a parent who is a NZ citizen or permanent resident is automatically a NZ citizen by birth
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies Working at the moment in the UK so entitled to maternity leave which I think is up to a year......would be great to move over to NZ when on maternity leave as would give us a year to see if the lovely NZ is for us Would really like to know how antenatal care would be, so anybody who has been in the same situation would be great to here from you...............nice thought thou our wee bubs being a kiwi
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Thanks for the replies Working at the moment in the UK so entitled to maternity leave which I think is up to a year......would be great to move over to NZ when on maternity leave as would give us a year to see if the lovely NZ is for us Would really like to know how antenatal care would be, so anybody who has been in the same situation would be great to here from you...............nice thought thou our wee bubs being a kiwi
Hi, i am currently pregnant (6 months) and been here for 3.5 years on permanent residency. This is what i have come across so far:

Maternity care is free under a midwife, if you opt for any other 'special' treatment, i.e. seeing an obstetrician/consultant (i had both when i had my first child in the UK) then you have to pay - unless, there are any complications and your midwife recommends the obstetrician, in which case it will be free. I had a C Section first time round, therefore i have to see an obstetrician from 30 or so weeks onwards and so it is free.

Here in christchurch you usually only go the hospital to give birth if there are complications (now or in a previous birth - such as C section) otherwise you would normally go to a 'birthing unit' - not sure what they are like but i gather they are less equipped for emergency situations so actually rather glad i'm going to the 'hospital'. Alternatively you can pay to go private, but its not cheap.

You have to pay for your scans which costs around $50 each, but they are very very good.

All the hospital/birthing unit care is free but as i understand it (here in Chchc anyway) you are in and out as quickly as possible. Again, different if you choose private.

All blood tests etc are free (though i believe the triple test has only just become available free of charge).

Hope this helps, i've had no problems whatsoever and found everyone so far very helpful.

Good luck with whatever you decide:-)
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Maternity care is free under a midwife, if you opt for any other 'special' treatment, i.e. seeing an obstetrician/consultant (i had both when i had my first child in the UK) then you have to pay - unless, there are any complications and your midwife recommends the obstetrician, in which case it will be free. I had a C Section first time round, therefore i have to see an obstetrician from 30 or so weeks onwards and so it is free.
MandyB this was really helpful to me thank you! I too had emergency section first time, and whilst am not pregnant at pres, it has crossed my mind to wonder what would happen if i became pregnant in nz....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stoof
MandyB this was really helpful to me thank you! I too had emergency section first time, and whilst am not pregnant at pres, it has crossed my mind to wonder what would happen if i became pregnant in nz....
Hi Stoof, you're welcome. I think its pretty much the same as the UK, in that you can choose to have another C Section if you want (i choose not) - mine too was an emergency one but with no apparent reason for it - there is also a 1% chance of your scar tearing inside during labour, another reason why they insist i am at a hospital that is equipped to deal with anything out of the ordinary. Sounds scary but its all just precaution. One thing they did say is that if i do end up with another C Section, as soon as i am able to be moved (within a day or so), baby and I will still end up in a birthing unit until they can fully discharge us. Not so bad really!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info.......Hubby moving over next month to see if he can get work, he is a coded welder to trade, so if he gets settled we can decide if we move before or after wee bubs is here. Please post any info it has been a great help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.