Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

PR application sent and received......

PR application sent and received......

Old Aug 14th 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Question PR application sent and received......

Hi all,

Sent my application off 9th Aug, lodged on the 10th Aug and case officer assigned, fabulous. When I checked online to see what information is available to check the progress of my application, a note at the bottom says

"When your health certificate status has expired, Immigration New Zealand will request another health certificate from you"

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that your medical was valid for three months from the date your medical was signed by the doctor and that you had to have sent your application within this time period? My medical was dated 7th June, so does this mean that I will have to go through another medical after the 7th September? The doctor passed my medical and referred me back to my GP as my LFTs were raised, which after further investigations reveals that I have gallstones (no symtoms whatsoever). I am due to have my gallbladder removed 24th Aug (just in case).

Anybody had similar experiences?
Many thanks, Bev
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Re: PR application sent and received......

Originally Posted by BevK
Hi all,

Sent my application off 9th Aug, lodged on the 10th Aug and case officer assigned, fabulous. When I checked online to see what information is available to check the progress of my application, a note at the bottom says

"When your health certificate status has expired, Immigration New Zealand will request another health certificate from you"

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that your medical was valid for three months from the date your medical was signed by the doctor and that you had to have sent your application within this time period? My medical was dated 7th June, so does this mean that I will have to go through another medical after the 7th September? The doctor passed my medical and referred me back to my GP as my LFTs were raised, which after further investigations reveals that I have gallstones (no symtoms whatsoever). I am due to have my gallbladder removed 24th Aug (just in case).

Anybody had similar experiences?
Many thanks, Bev
Hi Bev, the same thing was at the bottom of ours all the time we were going through the process. I think they are valid for 6 months (could be wrong) and that the clock stops ticking so to speak when your application has been allocated. Basically, I don't think it's anything to worry about but I'm sure someone on here will either back me up or correct me.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: PR application sent and received......

Originally Posted by Reylan
Hi Bev, the same thing was at the bottom of ours all the time we were going through the process. I think they are valid for 6 months (could be wrong) and that the clock stops ticking so to speak when your application has been allocated. Basically, I don't think it's anything to worry about but I'm sure someone on here will either back me up or correct me.
Hi Reylan, thanks for your advice, it won't be anything to worry about.