pr

Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

rads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nicerads is just really nice
Default pr

can you tell me what pr entitles you to
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pr

Originally Posted by rads
can you tell me what pr entitles you to
From what I understand the NHS, voting, ability to claim benefits and unemployment, to be able to study and do night classes etc. Schooling and kindy for your kids. Also ability to claim ACC. Accident compo. Its pretty much what citizenship gives you BUT without the kiwi passport, you can't become a member of parliament and you still can be chucked out if you are naughty with PR...whereas citizenship guarantees perm tenure no matter what you do! Anything else anyone??
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Wow thanks I have learnt so much, what PR gains in NZ
Good to watch the posts on BE

D
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:21 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
From what I understand the NHS, voting, ability to claim benefits and unemployment, to be able to study and do night classes etc. Schooling and kindy for your kids. Also ability to claim ACC. Accident compo. Its pretty much what citizenship gives you BUT without the kiwi passport, you can't become a member of parliament and you still can be chucked out if you are naughty with PR...whereas citizenship guarantees perm tenure no matter what you do! Anything else anyone??
Start a pension (Kiwisaver), go to uni at local rates, cheaper schooling fees....oh and NOT get kicked out after your visa runs out....work for any employer so stay here if made redundant.

...and start the citizenship process (5 years after PR granted)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

You have all the same rights as a NZ citizen except the passport. However, there is a minimum time you must be resident in NZ before you will be eligible for state benefits.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:30 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
You have all the same rights as a NZ citizen except the passport. However, there is a minimum time you must be resident in NZ before you will be eligible for state benefits.
Which I believe is 2 years?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Which I believe is 2 years?
But you are allowed tax credits as soon as you are in the tax system? Or not? Tax credits are money you get from the govt. worked out on how many kids you have and on what your income is. The more kids and the less money you earn the more you get. You can get it either weekly or at the end of a year in a lump sum. The cut off is quite high..up to $90k ish. There are certain requirements you have to fulfil so its best you look at www.ird.govt.nz.