British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Postal service to New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/postal-service-new-zealand-776815/)

mart19630 Nov 6th 2012 4:49 pm

Postal service to New Zealand

Hi All,
Can anyone update me if there are any postal delivery issues from the UK to New Zealand, my partner posted all her certificates (copies) and registration forms to the Nursing council 14 days ago and they have not arrived. We could only track it until it left the UK. Has any one else encountered any lengthy time limits in the delivery of documents/parcels to New Zealand.:confused:

MattandJax Nov 6th 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Postal service to New Zealand

Yes funnily enough we have just had a problem with a passport which was sent "airsure" it took 2 days to arrive in NZ but then 9 days to actually get delivered locally, which it did yesterday.

The track and trace was hopeless, when we finally received it it was stuck in our letterbox with a big sticker on it saying "No receipt required"!

MrsFychan Nov 6th 2012 5:59 pm

I'm not having any problems with my Marks & Spencer deliveries, but they would be by courier. Haven't had any Tesco ones and ordered at roughly the same time. MIL has sent over a parcel using the Post Office and that got here fine and received a letter from my mum yesterday that she wrote on the 1st, typically there is no postal stamp on the envelope to show if she posted it on the 1st or after

mart19630 Nov 6th 2012 9:10 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies, just decided to phone NZ and see if they have taken delivery of paperwork, they had all the time in the world and checked for us and cam e back and said they received it two days ago, so much for signed on delivery and tracking by post office, at least it got there,:thumbsup:

cappuccino Nov 6th 2012 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10369243)
MIL has sent over a parcel using the Post Office and that got here fine and received a letter from my mum yesterday that she wrote on the 1st, typically there is no postal stamp on the envelope to show if she posted it on the 1st or after

A letter? That takes me back to when I used to write airmail letters to my family overseas. It was such a lovely feeling to receive a letter - the ping of an incoming email is not the same :p

MrsFychan Nov 7th 2012 12:32 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 10369594)
A letter? That takes me back to when I used to write airmail letters to my family overseas. It was such a lovely feeling to receive a letter - the ping of an incoming email is not the same :p

My mum has flatly refused to use a computer, even with me saying I would buy her a notebook and my brother offering to help. says it would be to much stress. so letter writing it is which is a good thing as means the kids have to sit and write nicely so she can actually read it.

MrsFychan Nov 7th 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by mart19630 (Post 10369560)
Hi, thanks for your replies, just decided to phone NZ and see if they have taken delivery of paperwork, they had all the time in the world and checked for us and cam e back and said they received it two days ago, so much for signed on delivery and tracking by post office, at least it got there,:thumbsup:

glad you got it sorted

hazeandsteve Nov 7th 2012 6:05 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10369747)
so letter writing it is which is a good thing as means the kids have to sit and write nicely so she can actually read it.

My mum used to love a letter. She had one of mine from childhood in her purse for forty years!

Oh, re. your signature thing, we had our wedding reception in the courtyard of Carisbrooke Castle...:thumbsup: