Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Postal Couriers from the Uk...any recommendations?

Postal Couriers from the Uk...any recommendations?

Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Postal Couriers from the Uk...any recommendations?

Hi guys!

I am in NZ and my police report has arrived, my folks are sending it over and I want to use a courier as the last one went AWOL with the usual postal system!!

I wondered if anyone could recommend courier firms for important documentaton? DHL etc?

Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Postal Couriers from the Uk...any recommendations?

i've had lots of stuff sent over from the UK via the post office. No problems. Have a look at the web site for details of the services. DHL et al are more expensive but very much the same.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:39 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiler000
Hi guys!

I am in NZ and my police report has arrived, my folks are sending it over and I want to use a courier as the last one went AWOL with the usual postal system!!

I wondered if anyone could recommend courier firms for important documentaton? DHL etc?

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Our experience of DHL has been dreadful. Every time my folks have used it, my goods have either been siezed or ended up with more charges or both! And these wasn't even for food produce!! Their customer service is dire and your'll find they don't really give a rats arse if anything goes missing, UK will blame NZ and vice versa. Also, all of my stuff has been delayed heavily. This experience has actually occured all over the globe, in NZ twice. Unfortunately, my parents have continued to use them in a bid to avoid the postal delays in the UK. Most recently though, they have informed DHL that they will never use their service again after customs seized clothes they'd sent me and wanted me to pay nearly $300 for their release because my parents hadn't fully explained the 'material' of the clothes. What sort of service does Royal Mail have for international tracking? Or is fedex over there? I can't remember!

That's just my experience, hopefully someone can offer a good review of another company! Maybe DHL are better for legal documents? Although it sounds anal, its really good to look into companies fully, what they cover, any additional charges, etc.

Good luck!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Hi,

What sort of service does Royal Mail have for international tracking? Or is fedex over there? I can't remember!

Good luck!
You get a nice little number with the post office, tells you where it is.. all very exciting if you like that sort of thing..

Just try to catch them when they are not on strike..
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about

Actually the stuff that went missing had been sent over with Airsure from the Royal Mail so Im not certain I want that happening again tbh!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to bump this... but any further recommendations from anyone???

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

I used FedEx to courier my NZQA documents to NZ. They were not cheap, but it was fast (approx 3 days), and I was able to track its progress on line.

Jane