Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:09 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Originally Posted by lisamct
Was thinking if we all aim to meet around the wee coffee 'huts/kiosks' next to the playground area so we're all heading for the same place?

I'm a bit dubious about the weather mind you, forecast is for heavy rain, lets all cross our fingers and hope they're wrong
May i just say, I didnt bring this weather with me

But atleast we made it

See you all next week!!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mwhite1962
No worries, it rained for almost 4 weeks solid from the day I arrived in August, did start to take it a bit personally after a few weeks!

See you sunday rain or shine
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can say it but ...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

hastonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, anyone going to KiwiBurn this next week? -Jason
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa, if the weather is wet tomorrow is there a Plan B?

The Novotel is just sort of opposite and it has a large bar/lounge area if people are still interested in meeting....just a suggestion.

Does anyone know of another venue?

Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Was just saying today that we may need a Plan B as it doesnt look like this awful rain is going to shift any time soon

I couldn't think of anywhere that was covered but still kid friendly so probably somewhere like the Novotel is about the best bet.

So, if its dry we'll stick to the lake front but if it stays wet we'll head for the Novotel.
I'll try to contact everyone I have details for and let them know.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:37 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisamct
Was just saying today that we may need a Plan B as it doesnt look like this awful rain is going to shift any time soon

I couldn't think of anywhere that was covered but still kid friendly so probably somewhere like the Novotel is about the best bet.

So, if its dry we'll stick to the lake front but if it stays wet we'll head for the Novotel.
I'll try to contact everyone I have details for and let them know.
Thanks Lisamct,
2 o/clock was mentioned before are we still sticking to that time?

Mick.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Lisamct,
2 o/clock was mentioned before are we still sticking to that time?

Mick.
Yep, same time just potential alternative venue!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry we didn't make it on Sunday, not just the rain to contend with, but a leak in our kitchen ceiling that dripped into the microwave !!!
Just wish the weather had been like it was the week before...

Thanks Lisa for making the arrangements. Do you think we should propose another meet up?

Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Hey everyone,
Struggling with internet access as we have now been waiting a week to be connected!!! (problem with the line apparently) so we can only get on if we visit a cafe or the i centre. Anyway just read that some of you met up at the pub due to the rain, sorry we didn't read that bit in time to come and join you, just presumed with the rain that everything was cancelled. We must definatley arrange another day now it seems to be clearing up a bit. May be we could start a new thread called meet up in feb or rearranged meet up?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Was working Sunday so sorry we couldnt make it either.
Would still love to meet everyone and put faces to names!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbles
Hey everyone,
Struggling with internet access as we have now been waiting a week to be connected!!! (problem with the line apparently) so we can only get on if we visit a cafe or the i centre. Anyway just read that some of you met up at the pub due to the rain, sorry we didn't read that bit in time to come and join you, just presumed with the rain that everything was cancelled. We must definatley arrange another day now it seems to be clearing up a bit. May be we could start a new thread called meet up in feb or rearranged meet up?

There is internet access at the library which is what we used when we were in your position!
It is $1 for 10 mins but they also have free wifi.
You just have to ask at the main desk for the password.

Last edited by RobDon; Jan 25th 2011 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:18 pm
mick/caz

Originally Posted by RobDon
Was working Sunday so sorry we couldnt make it either.
Would still love to meet everyone and put faces to names!
Just wondering if the quiz night is still going on at Hennesy's 1st sunday of the month?......coz if so we could then try and make arrangements to meet up and then post on here for those that cannot make the quiz night??
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just wondering if the quiz night is still going on at Hennesy's 1st sunday of the month?......coz if so we could then try and make arrangements to meet up and then post on here for those that cannot make the quiz night??

Yes we still try to meet up on the 1st Sunday of the month. (shifts permitting of course!!)
Sunday 6th Feb is fine with us.
Anyone else up for it is welcome to join us.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

6th sounds good to us too, however it is also Waitangi Day.
Cheers Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.