Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post Xmas Rotorua meet

Ok I suggested this on the Rotorua head count thread but thought I'd make it official on here too.

As there's a few of us around Rotorua now and a few more to come soon I thought a wee January post xmas meet might be in order. Thought I would suggest it early to give everyone a chance to arrange time off etc.

So, as it would need to be child friendly I thought either someone could volunteer their home (my teeny garden is too small or I would happily volunteer) and we could all bring something or maybe a picnic type thing somewhere?

Any thoughts people, dates, venues etc?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Xmas Rotorua meet

That sounds great. Good places are the lake from, plenty of space for kids to run around in and there is the playground too, or how about the Blue Lake. It's almost like a beach being there on the lake shore.

Any other suggestions......?

Lisa why not pick a date now and let people work around it. There would certainly be plenty of notice this way, as we know we can't please everyone.

Cheers
Gill
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Lisa why not pick a date now and let people work around it. There would certainly be plenty of notice this way, as we know we can't please everyone.
Ok, how about we say Saturday 22nd Jan.

By my calculations that should be just after pay day and long enough after xmas and new year for everyone to have recovered (and the week before my mum arrives for a months visit!)

The lake front sounds good to me, lots of space for kids to run around and if everyone brings some picnic 'goodies' it should be a good day
Old Nov 26th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

That sounds great for us, it will give us time to find our way around and settle in and we would be ready to meet new people. The location sounds lovely, we have looked it up on the internet, but then it all sounds lovely. Count me and the family in.
helen
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great idea Lisa. We'll have friends over from the UK at that time, and I'm not entirely sure of our plans for then just yet, but I'll certainly be planning to join you all if we possibly can
Old Nov 26th 2010, 6:11 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget us, we'll be there!!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

polly.glot will become famous soon enoughpolly.glot will become famous soon enough

Are Mr G and I eligible?? I'm a returning kiwi, after many years in the UK, and Mr G is from Manchester (yeah, I know...but he can't help it...)
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

polly.glot will become famous soon enoughpolly.glot will become famous soon enough

We're returning to our mouse house at Okere Falls..yay!!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent... 22nd of January at the Lake front it is.
See you all then.

Gill
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyone know how to change the thread title to include the date?

Just wanted to clarify the meet will be at Rotorua Lake front and not the Blue Lake, I was getting myself confused.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by polly.glot
Are Mr G and I eligible?? I'm a returning kiwi, after many years in the UK, and Mr G is from Manchester (yeah, I know...but he can't help it...)
Most definitely eligible
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

bunnyphobia is on a distinguished road

I intend to be there with bells on (although not sleigh bells, by that point). Sounds cracking; I'll try drag the boyfriend along too
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Is Rotorua lake front easy to find for us newcomers to the area? Its hard to imagine meeting you all over there whilst I am sat here in the UK with the snow coming down, do tell me the weather is nice over there?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marbles
Is Rotorua lake front easy to find for us newcomers to the area? Its hard to imagine meeting you all over there whilst I am sat here in the UK with the snow coming down, do tell me the weather is nice over there?
Very easy to find, if your in town you really cant miss it!

As for the weather my outside thermometer insists it was 25c today, I'm pretty sure it was hotter
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbles
The weather here has been glorious, just had a much needed shower, to relieve some of the mugginess, and to ease the parched gardens, but it's still very pleasantly warm. Has been 22-24 oC over the past few days I believe

It's very easy to find the lake front I promise, the lake is the major feature in Rotorua & impossible to miss. The lake front is where the lake hits the city, lots of hotels & touristy things down there. If you have concerns about finding it once you're here we can give more detailed directions, but honestly it'll be a breeze

Have to say I'm not envying you the snow, but do make the most of it while you can- there's not a lot of it falls in Rotorua. Although if you like your winter sports it's only a couple of hours drive to the snow and some decent skiing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.