POST FROM U.K

Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all
Default POST FROM U.K

Has anyone had problems with not getting post from the u.k ?
Over the last year we have had five birthday cards and two parcels go missing:curse: Our friends sent one card registered from the uk which went missing, then when they went to the post office in the uk they said they could only track it while it was in the uk
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

kiwisteph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POST FROM U.K

Hi there we have had the same problems. We have had 5 parcels go missing and my sons birthday presents from family in the UK. Your right they said they can only track them as far as the UK. So what do you do?????:curse:
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwisteph View Post
Hi there we have had the same problems. We have had 5 parcels go missing and my sons birthday presents from family in the UK. Your right they said they can only track them as far as the UK. So what do you do?????:curse:
mmmm.......pay your relies to take a day trip to Calais and post it from there.....then the greedy/thieving so-and-sos closer (to your new??) home won't have a field day.
Could always club together and send it via UPS or something, they get delivered at this end by other couriers.......and have proper tracking.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:27 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

This was happening to a UK friend of ours here in the village. Several birthdays for her kids did not arrive. Turned out to be a local lad thieving out of her post box at the bottom of her drive. He apparently figured an overseas card would contain cash.
The only reason he was caught was because he was seen by a neighbour changing the money in a local bank.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:09 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post
This was happening to a UK friend of ours here in the village. Several birthdays for her kids did not arrive. Turned out to be a local lad thieving out of her post box at the bottom of her drive. He apparently figured an overseas card would contain cash.
The only reason he was caught was because he was seen by a neighbour changing the money in a local bank.
it's prity difficult to nick things in the post office, once it's gone over the counter. (I once fitted covert surveillance stuff in a sorting office - scarry).

I know airlines have tightened up their act a lot

I'd be inclined to wonder, given Bevs posting, what's it like this side??

Back home if you had a lot of mail going missing the post office would send a small, expensive looking, packet with a tracking device in it. A few posties got the shove with that one
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

kiwisteph is an unknown quantity at this point

How spooky After i posted this morning that some of parcels had gone missing, 3 of them turned up in the post today
Now how weird is that!!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

me a psychic...if only i could see where ours had gone
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:00 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a couple of small parcels not arrive in the last couple of months. Larger parcels have though. Both these missing parcels contain Thornton's chocolates, seems something of a coincidence to me :curse:
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Ours is the other way round. Waiting on some documents for our visa application from my sister in NZ, even though posted by registered mail.....gone awray somewhere.
Also a parcel she sent with some pressies also not arrived here in UK
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I send parcels via parcel force and pay to track them its about £10. They arrive within 5 - 7 days and even tell me what time it was delivered and who signed for it.
I do this at the Post Office and there is a tracking number on your receipt.

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...?catId=7500082
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anniiee View Post
Ours is the other way round. Waiting on some documents for our visa application from my sister in NZ, even though posted by registered mail.....gone awray somewhere.
Also a parcel she sent with some pressies also not arrived here in UK
We sent a parcel back to the uk with photo's and loads of kiwi stuff. that hasnt got there either...:curse:
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

We did not know about this problem - but we have always sent anything of importance (like presents) via tracked post. My nephew works in the post office in the UK and he has told me that stealing is rife, so since then I have never trusted either the UK or NZ mail!