Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Post Graduate Qualifications. 55 Points??

Post Graduate Qualifications. 55 Points??

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Post Graduate Qualifications. 55 Points??

If you've got post grad quals membership of professional bodies etc might this get you 55 points or is it Maters & PHD's only.

aarcc
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:56 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post Graduate Qualifications. 55 Points??

You'll need to get your quals verified by NZQA in all likelihood but Masters Degrees and Doctorates (levels 9 & 10) are the only levels which qualify for 55 points.
the full list is here
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:05 pm
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future
Post Re: Post Graduate Qualifications. 55 Points??

Originally Posted by RD1
You'll need to get your quals verified by NZQA in all likelihood but Masters Degrees and Doctorates (levels 9 & 10) are the only levels which qualify for 55 points.
the full list is here
I have had my Post-grad assessed by the NZQA, (of course at extra cost), and it passed. Interestingly it was 'pre-assessed', (again, an extra NZ$75 but it allows inclusion in EOI score for pool selection), as a level 8 and came through after full assessment as a level 7!!

Any 'disputed' qualification included in EOI for points purposes will have to have an associated NZQA assessment ID I believe.

One thing to be aware of. They did ask what other qualifications/experience I had as they will assume a post-grad implies some sort of graduate qualification. I had 3 years apprenticeship-related course work, (BTEC national certificate), then a further 2 years, (BTEC higher). The post grad is an Open University course which has no formal entry qualifications beyond the assumption that you can study at post-grad level.