Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

a positive post for a change

a positive post for a change

Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default a positive post for a change

I just thought I would put some positive news on here for a change after reading all the negative stuff. We have been living here for 4 months now. We have made lots of friends Kiwi, British, Canadian and other nationals. We live in a wonderful community and have managed to achieve the lifestyle we always wanted. All the Brits we have met who we have since become friends with feel the same. We love the space, the outdoor life and the friendliness of the people and I very much doubt we will move back to the UK now. After initially missing going to the local back home 2 and 3 times a week. We have adjusted and now go to friends and neighbours and have really good nights. Lots of BBQs and parties. Life is good.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:24 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a positive post for a change

Originally Posted by lizard
I just thought I would put some positive news on here for a change after reading all the negative stuff. We have been living here for 4 months now. We have made lots of friends Kiwi, British, Canadian and other nationals. We live in a wonderful community and have managed to achieve the lifestyle we always wanted. All the Brits we have met who we have since become friends with feel the same. We love the space, the outdoor life and the friendliness of the people and I very much doubt we will move back to the UK now. After initially missing going to the local back home 2 and 3 times a week. We have adjusted and now go to friends and neighbours and have really good nights. Lots of BBQs and parties. Life is good.
Good for you. We never go to the pub either (never did anyway) but there always seems to be something on I wish you well in your new life.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:44 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Great to hear
Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:40 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for sharing that , we too have made lots of friends in NZ ... Kiwis, expat British, Dutch and German. We were bought drinks the other night by the landlord in our local pub .... life is sweet
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am pleased to read this Lizard. Mulit-national groups are such good fun.
We have very similar here. There again, we had the same back in the UK. I was brought up with that.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Great to read a positive post. We'll be on our way next month and I was getting very worried with all the negative responses on here, are we doing the right thing?
We're not coming to NZ to be in another UK, we're looking for something competely different and we'll work at it 110%. I feel much better after reading this, thanks folks.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:29 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lizard
Tried to karma you but it wouldn't let me. Great post, we feel the same being here. We didn't expect it to be the UK, and we didn't come over with rose tinted specs, and yes, there are things we miss, but, for now, we're definitely more content than we've ever been, and feel less pressure and that we have a better quality of life. We have to watch the money, but that's something we should have been doing for years anyway. We've also had to change a few things we'd planned, but we'd still rather be here. We can't say it's forever just yet, but if things continue as they are I'm pretty sure we'll be staying.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Robbo's is an unknown quantity at this point

Should you be posting on here Sky. Maybe you dont realise this is a positive thread.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

tottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Robbo's
Should you be posting on here Sky. Maybe you dont realise this is a positive thread.
I think that's perhaps a bit unfair. Everyone is entitled to post their thoughts - even if they are negative.

tottefan