British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   poppets update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/poppets-update-374602/)

poppets May 20th 2006 12:59 am

poppets update

We have at last found a house to rent - hooray, move in on monday
Son started school with no worries & loves it
Daughter due to start kindy in a couple of weeks
Get cat out of cattery on Tuesday, poor thing been there 6 weeks
When we get broadband i'll be back with avengance so look out, i've missed you all!!!!!
Hubby still needs job but can freelance with broadband
Sons had his 5th birthday , & we're out tonight for our 6th anniversary

Still loving it loads
:) :D

sky May 20th 2006 4:22 am

Re: poppets update

It feels a lot better once you get the kids and somewhere to live sorted doesn't it. You can start settling and enjoying stuff again

Happy Aniversary :)

Alex May 20th 2006 4:46 am

Originally Posted by poppets
We have at last found a house to rent - hooray, move in on monday
Son started school with no worries & loves it
Daughter due to start kindy in a couple of weeks
Get cat out of cattery on Tuesday, poor thing been there 6 weeks
When we get broadband i'll be back with avengance so look out, i've missed you all!!!!!
Hubby still needs job but can freelance with broadband
Sons had his 5th birthday , & we're out tonight for our 6th anniversary

Still loving it loads
:) :D

Hi Poppets,
We arrived just afteryou, and our girls have started school, and are getting used to walking around barefoot!We too have at last found a rental, and we move in on Friday.
I think my impression of New Zealand so far is WET! It has rained here loads, but I am not letting it put us off...I mean we're Scottish, we are used to it!!
People have been very friendly too,we're off out to a BBQ tonight(in the rain) and have been invited to lunch tomorrow....
Have a great anniversary, and look forward to hearing more from you
Alex

Spacecake799 May 20th 2006 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Alex
Hi Poppets,
We arrived just afteryou, and our girls have started school, and are getting used to walking around barefoot!We too have at last found a rental, and we move in on Friday.
I think my impression of New Zealand so far is WET! It has rained here loads, but I am not letting it put us off...I mean we're Scottish, we are used to it!!
People have been very friendly too,we're off out to a BBQ tonight(in the rain) and have been invited to lunch tomorrow....
Alex

If you don't mind me asking what were you staying in before you found a rental house? I only ask because when we come over we will need to travel from Auckland to Wellington and possibly cch looking for work. Were at a loss to know what would be the most economical way of living as a family of 5 until everything from job to rental is sorted.

Alex May 20th 2006 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
If you don't mind me asking what were you staying in before you found a rental house? I only ask because when we come over we will need to travel from Auckland to Wellington and possibly cch looking for work. Were at a loss to know what would be the most economical way of living as a family of 5 until everything from job to rental is sorted.

Hi,
We are very lucky as my OH's company has paid for us to come over, and they put us in a 5*luxury lodge...complete with swimming pool!! I think we are in for a shock when we move to the rental.
I am sorry I cannot be of more help, we met some expats last night who travelled around with their 3 kids, and a dog in a campervan for 3 months!
I guess everyone does it differently, and I wish you all the best with your move
Alex

poppets May 21st 2006 1:44 am

Hi,
We are very lucky as my OH's company has paid for us to come over, and they put us in a 5*luxury lodge...complete with swimming pool!! I think we are in for a shock when we move to the rental.
I am sorry I cannot be of more help, we met some expats last night who travelled around with their 3 kids, and a dog in a campervan for 3 months!
I guess everyone does it differently, and I wish you all the best with your move
Alex

we had a motor home for a week as we travelled from Auckland to welington, luckily we had friends about 1 1/2 hrs out of welly who have put us up for the last 5 weeks!!!!.
I know that biddy hired a bach & got a discounted rate, he's good for info.

poppets May 21st 2006 1:48 am

Hi Poppets,
Alex

We've been luckly with the weather, thought it wouls p*ss down all the time , but we've been pleasantly surprised & have only had a few days of rain - sorry. People have been good to us too.
Good luck with your move on Friday