British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Poor start to 2013 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/poor-start-2013-a-783179/)

alanmacc Jan 9th 2013 10:34 pm

Poor start to 2013

Well another year has started and our company announced the end of last year that it will be shutting up manufacturing in New Zealand.

Bummer, so looks like I will again be moving jobs, possibly careers, who knows, plan was to apply for NZ citz .. but now the prospect of being jobless it has knocked that on the head.

Im sure there will be something out there :fingerscrossed: in fact I am positive there will be something out there just dont know what yet.

On a positive note tho my bro is coming over from Scotland to visit me this year :thumbsup::thumbsup: first time I have seen him in almost 6 years and last time he seen his niece she was only 1 :eek:

MrsFychan Jan 9th 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Poor start to 2013

sorry to hear that you will be losing your job but onwards and upwards hopefully it will be a start for some exciting opportunities for you. You seem to have the right attitude which goes a long way. :fingerscrossed: something comes up quickly for you

As you say something to look forward to having some family members coming out.

love30stm Jan 9th 2013 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 10474299)
Well another year has started and our company announced the end of last year that it will be shutting up manufacturing in New Zealand.

Bummer, so looks like I will again be moving jobs, possibly careers, who knows, plan was to apply for NZ citz .. but now the prospect of being jobless it has knocked that on the head.

Im sure there will be something out there :fingerscrossed: in fact I am positive there will be something out there just dont know what yet.

On a positive note tho my bro is coming over from Scotland to visit me this year :thumbsup::thumbsup: first time I have seen him in almost 6 years and last time he seen his niece she was only 1 :eek:

I'm sure something better will come along. Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Jan n Neil Jan 10th 2013 3:27 am

That sucks mate, what type of work are you looking for ?

alanmacc Jan 10th 2013 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 10474612)
That sucks mate, what type of work are you looking for ?

Yeah it is kinda sucky ...... and here was me hoping to grow old gracefully here .... haha

Im working as materials management (procurement, warehousing, team leader) so probably stick to that type of purchasing role, hows your job going? all good I hope

BEVS Jan 11th 2013 3:21 am

That's a stinky start to the New Year Alan. I do hope something comes along soon. :fingerscrossed:

Catchafire Jan 11th 2013 3:55 am

Hi Alan, sorry to hear your news. I got made redundant in 2008 and it was the catalyst to start my own business. So think of it as a new start. I am sure something bigger and better will come along.

RedDragon2008 Jan 11th 2013 10:00 am

In the nature of my work I have had to endure redundancy over 10 times. Each time it sucks but you move forward and evolve.

Jan n Neil Jan 12th 2013 4:00 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 10476261)
Yeah it is kinda sucky ...... and here was me hoping to grow old gracefully here .... haha

Im working as materials management (procurement, warehousing, team leader) so probably stick to that type of purchasing role, hows your job going? all good I hope

My nice easy (boring as shit) job running the digger school ended a couple of months ago so i went back driving a truck/digger theres plenty of work out there at the mo mate :thumbup:

Neil

MnB Jan 12th 2013 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 10474299)

Sorry to read your bad news....fingers crossed for you, hope something turns up soon :fingerscrossed:

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 15th 2013 1:58 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 10476261)

Sorry to hear this, sucks big time. Are you CIPS qualified?

alanmacc Jan 15th 2013 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10483291)
Sorry to hear this, sucks big time. Are you CIPS qualified?

Not fully qualified only up to Diploma level, thought about continuing it when I first came over but at that time not many places were doing it, but it seems to be growing now

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 16th 2013 3:45 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 10485179)
Not fully qualified only up to Diploma level, thought about continuing it when I first came over but at that time not many places were doing it, but it seems to be growing now

It certainly is. OH is FCIPS, just wondered if he might be able to help you. He is based in Auckland but has had a lot of involvement with dealing with companies down in Chch, due to the earthquake. He works for an insurance company.