Poms on Planes

Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

TimeForAChange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poms on Planes

I've been mucking about trying to set up a website mainly just to pick up some web development skills but had an idea for a site that would act as an exchange for cheap flights to and from Australia and New Zealand. Don't know if i'm allowed to promote my own website on here but would really appreciate any thoughts on the site and perhaps an attempt to use it hopefully if enough people add flights could become pretty useful. The thinking behind it is I'm always checking flight websites for cheap flights and if I was able to flag up any cheap flights I found to others doing the same thing could make life easier for everyone. Cheers in advance.

<snipped>

Mod. note.

Per Rule 9 , no advertising is allowed on the main lifestyle forums.
what you can do, however, is to put a link to your site in your signature which will point the way.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2008 at 3:28 am. Reason: no advertising own product or site. Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poms on Planes

Plenty of web sites do this already, what makes your special?

Kayak is one such site.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

TimeForAChange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poms on Planes

I guess my website is mainly a excuse for me to learn some web scripting skills but my thinking was that the site would be slightly more unique in that it would be Oz and NZ specific therefore if i got enough people using it it could be extended to a sort of discussion forum where people could share airline, travel, stopover, hotel tips etc as it would be aimed squarely at people making the trip from the northern to southern hemisphere vice versa to see freinds and family as opposed to a pure holiday. Also i would hope that it would cater for people who wanted to make the trip but werent overly interested in when. All they would want to know was when can i go for 2 or 3 weeks for the cheapest price possible which would be displayed on the main home page as opposed to having to do any searches. Not sure if Kayak already offers all this but as I say my website is not an attempt to create a new facebook or anything but greatly appreciated if you can use it and feed back any further comments. Cheers.