Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Poll for those in NZ - what were your financial expectations before emigrating?

View Poll Results: Before emigrating, what did you expect your finanical circumstances to be once in NZ?
Skint & we owe money (eg HP/loans)
2.04%
Skint
2.04%
Live paycheque to paycheque, occasionally manage some savings
8.16%
Manage to save a little - for dental, medical, emergencies etc
6.12%
Manage to save for medical etc and holidays etc
24.49%
We're comfortable and can save for a rainy day
36.73%
We're (financially) better off than we were in UK
20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Poll for those in NZ - what were your financial expectations before emigrating?

Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poll for those in NZ - what were your financial expectations before emigrating?

To tie in with the other poll i've just started, what were your expectations before emigrating of what your financial position would be?

Nothing scientfic, but if those already in NZ answer both polls honestly we might get a snapshot?!

It's a private poll so your vote will be anonymous!

We expected to manage to save for hols etc... as it turns out we're currently firmly in the paycheque to paycheque camp cos our circumstances altered somewhat (no one will employ me at the mo cos i'm up the duff, which we wouldn't change at all, but it's had something of an impact!)

(ps i posted the poll options without changing the tense from the other poll... sorry! hopefully the options make sense still!)

Last edited by Stoof; Oct 14th 2009 at 1:07 am. Reason: cocked up the poll options explanation