Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Politics - is there a list of parties and policies anywhere?

Politics - is there a list of parties and policies anywhere?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:12 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Politics - is there a list of parties and policies anywhere?

Hi all, just had the voting bumph through the mailbox and was wondering whether there is one place that does a comparison of the party policies on imprtant issues - you know economy, transport infrastructure, environment, health, education?

MrsL is confused and needs to see what is what.....

Did a quick search on NZHerald.co.nz but nothing leaps out.......

TIA, LL

PS if you've read my other posts, I was going to vote for the Maori Party but having re-read their policy on Foreshore & Seabed I'm afraid they fall like the Greens did - I want to be able to walk along whichever bit of the beach I fancy, but I could of course be missing the point on that........not unusual for me
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Politics - is there a list of parties and policies anywhere?

Yes there is . It's here

ACT New Zealand

Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party

Direct Democracy Party

Jim Anderton's Progressive

Libertarianz

Maori Party

New World Order

New Zealand First Party

New Zealand Labour Party

New Zealand Pacific Party

RAM - Residents Action Movement

The Alliance

The Bill and Ben Party

The Family Party

The Greens,

The Kiwi Party Kiwi Party

The New Zealand Democratic Party for Social Credit

The New Zealand National Party

The Republic of New Zealand Party

UNITED FUTURE NEW ZEALAND

Workers Party of New Zealand

I was ssooo tempted to leave out certain parties to get a few folks blood pressure up
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes PR can be a wonderful thing - all those parties to choose from but look at who has formed and led all the NZ Governments for as long as you can remember...either Labour or National....so really it boils down to which of those two you prefer.
If the main parties are not supported in sufficient numbers - unlikely - you could end up with an Italian situation - yikes - still it'd only be for 3 years.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bill & Ben Party appeals to me Policies probably include chatting to little weeds
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Quite right.
This is a two party nation.
Choose ..Labour
Choose.. National

and then look at alliances.

Does this remind you of Survivor?
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys but do I have to go to every party website to trawl through fine print to see what they want to do on this, that and the other?

Or can I just go to one webpage and get the comparison on each issue?

Or am I just too lazy???

Please help me excercise my democratic rights.............with minimum effort......
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
Thanks guys but do I have to go to every party website to trawl through fine print to see what they want to do on this, that and the other?

Or can I just go to one webpage and get the comparison on each issue?

Or am I just too lazy???

Please help me excercise my democratic rights.............with minimum effort......
I can help you out even though I haven't the faintest ideas on politics -

All Parties policies are promises - I promised to stop drinking and smoking once ...
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I can help you out even though I haven't the faintest ideas on politics -

All Parties policies are promises - I promised to stop drinking and smoking once ...
you'd make a great politician........
so democratic........and diplomatic
with a truly finite memory......
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:05 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

you'd make a great politician........
so democratic........and diplomatic
with a truly finite memory......
I shall be in the running as soon as I've got citizenship fear not!!

Like your new avatar!!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 1st 2008 at 10:06 am. Reason: Avatar!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Vote Labour

This seems to be all the websites in one place http://www.decision08.co.nz

Last edited by luvwelly; Nov 1st 2008 at 11:04 am. Reason: add weblink
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I shall be in the running as soon as I've got citizenship fear not!!

Like your new avatar!!
oh no - the Undemocratic Republic of Tauranga beckons......

the Avatar change means that you don't have to read "yeah right" quite so often - maybe I can make up an acronym or summat.....

PSMATY - please see my Avatar thank you........any ideas???
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.labour08.co.nz/policies/

http://www.national.org.nz/
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

As well as the obvious, The Republic of New Zealand Party is the only the party that will TRULY support men and fathers' rights and turn back the terrible things that Helen Clark and all the feminazis have done to men the last years. We must start to fight back against the biassed laws (and stupid ones - "Anti-Smacking") that she has brought in which have destroyed so many NZ families and kids' lives

They would reform the secret corrupt system of "Family Caughts"

Strengthen families in NZ, bringing in laws which encourages family bonds "Children need BOTH parents", have more male teachers in schoools. NZ was one of the few countries to vote AGAINST the recent UN Doha convention stating that the "family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society", Clark and her funny girls did not like this , i wonder why not ?

Stop the hysterical "Domestic Violence" media campaigns that witchunt men only (women in reality are responsible for vast majority of abuse against children e.g)

Allow paternal DNA testing for men to check if they are the real fathers (NZ is the only Western country not to allow this, in UK around 20% of fathers named by Child Support are found to be DUPED. MAYBE YOU TOO !!!!!!! unbelieveable !!! )

And many others, i would urge men (and women who care about families) to consider voting for The Republic of New Zealand Party

http://republicans.org.nz/

I am not sure about whether their party meeting place is really appropriate though, "Queens Head Tavern, Queen Street, opposite the Auckland Town Hall" lol

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Nov 1st 2008 at 1:24 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 8:36 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Concise version - down the page a bit

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/campaign-p...m?c_id=1502773
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:39 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Batty
Here you go Concise version - down the page a bit

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/campaign-p...m?c_id=1502773
thanks - looks ideal - have some Karma