Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Police report requirement - is that a DBS/CRB?

Police report requirement - is that a DBS/CRB?

Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Police report requirement - is that a DBS/CRB?

I am just looking at the documentation I need to apply for registration with the NZ Midwifery Council. Some of it is the same as for IZ, but they require it seperately.

One of the items is a police report. Is this just an enhanced CRB / DBS check? Or is it something more complicated than that?

Also, any idea the correct procedure to go through to get a medical declaration (again I will need it twice)?

And on the off chance anyone knows, how do I get a report from the NMC confirming I am held in good stead?

TIA
Old Feb 13th 2014, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all
Default Re: Police report requirement - is that a DBS/CRB?

I'm not sure if this helps:

Police Cert:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/

Health Report:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hcharacter.htm

I'm not sure about the nursing side of things but I hope that helps a little?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Helen, it would seem there's a special police form for this.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

No worries

We also got ours back within ten working days too, so much quicker (and simpler) than CRBs!

I'm pretty sure I've also seen nurses lurking on the forum somewhere. They will be of more use than I on said subject.

All the best!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:09 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi What To Do!

The police certificate is different to a CRB check. It is a police certificate from ACRO. You have to print the forms off from their website, get some passport photos and send off paper work. A couple of weeks later you get an A4 certificate with your mug shot on it saying whether you are clean or not! We went through this (twice!) and it was around 50 quid for each cert.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Pom ChCh :-)

Thanks, I am going to need two as well, one for NZMC registration nowish and one for Visa in about a year. More mney added to the budget list!!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:21 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhatToDo82

Thanks, I am going to need two as well, one for NZMC registration nowish and one for Visa in about a year. More mney added to the budget list!!
We had to get two as well as they only last 6 months. One for when we applied for a working holiday visa and then another one when we applied for residency about 8 months later. The first cert wasn't a problem as we were in the UK and had people around to endorse the photos (you have to send off passport photos with a signature on the back along with a form filled in by a professional who has known you for more than two years). The second cert was a problem because we had only been in NZ for a few months and hadn't known anyone long enough! We had to send it back to the UK to get our friends to sign it, they then posted it to ACRO, ACRO posted it to them and then they sent it to us in NZ. It was a right kerfuffle! Just be aware of that when you come to do it.

Good luck with it all
Old Feb 13th 2014, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

TheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I am just looking at the documentation I need to apply for registration with the NZ Midwifery Council. Some of it is the same as for IZ, but they require it seperately.

One of the items is a police report. Is this just an enhanced CRB / DBS check? Or is it something more complicated than that?

Also, any idea the correct procedure to go through to get a medical declaration (again I will need it twice)?

And on the off chance anyone knows, how do I get a report from the NMC confirming I am held in good stead?

TIA
The trick to all of this is to get all your paperwork sorted. You will need multiple Passport Photo's copies of Passport etc etc I had a little folder for both of these and created a checklist of all the forms that I needed to print off and complete. (You will thank me for doing this!!)

Police - You need to get this from ACRO http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Medical - You need to get this done with one of the doctors on the 'approved' panel.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...neldoctors.htm
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold

Just a wee tip!
Make sure you read every word on the applications. And get someone else to check. I missed things which has made my start here truly frustrating!
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

TIA
Ok, firstly the medical you need for your registration and the one you need for your visa are 2 very different things.

For your midwifery registration it's a pretty simple visit to your GP, do not pay for one of the docs on the visa panel to do this as its not necessary (and would be a huge waste of money). Download the form from the Midwifery Council website and just take it to your regular GP. They'll probably charge you (mine was about £20) and most likely wont even see you to do it, I dropped mine off with the receptionist and collected it again all filled in. Its basically a one page form that they sign to say your generally medically fit to practice as a midwife.
Your visa medical is a whole different ball game. For that you'll need to find one of the approved panel of doctors and its a full on medical with xrays, bloods and a full exam.

As far as the NMC is concerned I'm sure there's a link on their website for the form you need to fill in but I just called them up and asked for one. They'll also charge but again I think its about £20.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

Hi I got one, then visited a JP to have a copy certified this cut down on costs for all the duplicates I needed.

The Nursing council and Immigration were happy with a certified copy as far as I can remember