Police Report

Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Police Report

What Do I need to ask for from the UK, is the data protection release or a full report.

Does anyone have a link to the correct form/page on the web?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Report

Originally Posted by scottishnomad
What Do I need to ask for from the UK, is the data protection release or a full report.

Does anyone have a link to the correct form/page on the web?
I think this is what your looking for...

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/index.htm

Simon
Old Jan 17th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504644
might be helpful
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nomad,

If you go on to the website for your local police you will find the form here. Look for information on the data protection act. If you look through the NZIS website, you will see that you need to apply through your local Police. I done this through Fife Police who then apply to the Met. for information off the Police National Computer. Don't get caught out like me....remember and tick the box for the Police National Computer....I ticked the box for the Scottish National Computer (as you would living in Scotland all your life), but unfortunately this is not good enough for them and we had to re-apply, causing some delay's..
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Specific procedure for United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Police forces within the United Kingdom do not issue “certificates of good conduct” or “police clearance certificates”. A police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 is acceptable as a suitable equivalent.

You have the right to access information held about yourself on the Police National Computer (PNC) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

To obtain a subject access request for information held by the police under the Data Protection Act 1998, you should apply to the police service which covers the region or area where you live or have lived.

You can visit your local police station or go to the following website www.police.uk/forces.htm. You can choose your region from the map which will be redirected to the website for your local police force. You should then search for the link to requesting information under the Data Protection Act.

Hope this helps!