British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Police Recruitment 2007/2008 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/police-recruitment-2007-2008-a-402837/)

Machlome Oct 18th 2006 6:25 am

Police Recruitment 2007/2008

Hello
Are there any PO's out there who are applying to NZ Police in latest 'drive'.
Would be interested to talk whilst all is ongoing and in next few months :D ...
Mark

tayley Oct 18th 2006 3:02 pm

Re: Police Recruitment 2007/2008

Originally Posted by Machlome
Hello
Are there any PO's out there who are applying to NZ Police in latest 'drive'.
Would be interested to talk whilst all is ongoing and in next few months :D ...
Mark

Yes, I have applied and i am waiting for a reply for the next stage. I am serving with Lincs Force as a traffic/firearms officer working on ARVs. Hopefully I will get to the next stage :scared:

Machlome Oct 19th 2006 1:50 pm

Am serving with D and C constabulary myself...

Any news yet? I am confused by the emails as it seems to imply most will be sent online testing - but haven't heard anything as of today at 2.30pm!
Ta Mark

tayley Oct 19th 2006 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Machlome
Am serving with D and C constabulary myself...

Any news yet? I am confused by the emails as it seems to imply most will be sent online testing - but haven't heard anything as of today at 2.30pm!
Ta Mark

From what I gleaned, they were to reply today to say if got through first stage, then would receive an e-mail from a company (genisys) who carry out online testing. Beware when you open the e-mail the test begins and you cannot stop it :scared:

chrisvan Oct 20th 2006 8:07 am

Hi Guys/Girls!

Good luck with the tests if u have any questions etc. u can PM me, hubby was on the last recruitment drive and on the July training course, I can also put you in touch with a site especially for police from UK who are emmigrating to Oz/NZ and Canada,

Chris :)

edwardsb Nov 23rd 2006 3:25 pm

Hi Chris

I would certainly appreciate details of the site you mention. I am going for the physical tests and interview on 7th December :eek:

Jack The Lad Nov 23rd 2006 5:03 pm

You guys and gelz that are already in the plod do you have to still do the 5 month training in Welly or is that waived any?

Im ex-military and if (and its a big if) I ended up anywhere near Welly I would seriously considered joining the NZ police. I dont fancy moving my familiy 12000 miles and then spending 5 months away doing a training course at the other end of NZ than I want to settle in.

Cheers

chrisvan Nov 26th 2006 6:39 am

Jack

If you're already in the 'job' u can join via UK recruitment drive, only need to go to Welly for abt 8/10 weeks to complete conversion course. They're actually over in the UK recruiting now.

Chris

Jack The Lad Nov 26th 2006 6:49 am

Originally Posted by chrisvan
If you're already in the 'job' u can join via UK recruitment drive, only need to go to Welly for abt 8/10 weeks to complete conversion course.

Hi Chris Im not. Im the only one out of my gang who isnt :)

I was just curious about the course. If I join I would have to do the full 26 week course in Welly. Bit much for the wife and kids to put up woth after dragging them 12000 miles. Maybe after we have been there a while.

Take care

Jack

Gill and Rob Nov 27th 2006 9:59 am

I have seen the TV police recruitment advert on NZ TV. They are saying join the police and get better work stories. Makes me wonder how they feel about condfidentiality.

Rob