Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Police Jobs in NZ?

Police Jobs in NZ?

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

mm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nice
Default Police Jobs in NZ?

On the advice of one of the moderators,I'm posting this here to seeif I can get any info on working as a cop in NZ.
I'm a serving UK officer looking to make the move and wonder if anyone else has done it?
Thanks
Maria
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

kooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to all
Smile Re: Police Jobs in NZ?

This is a job i am seriously considering for when i return to nz next year.
you can contact them on
http://www.newcops.co.nz/Home
cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Jobs in NZ?

Unless you have a pair of wrap round shades and a bad attitude
you wont get in.

I have a friend who was a cop in the uk and is now a traffic cop down here
he said the process was quite simple.

Last edited by Justcol; Feb 3rd 2010 at 10:30 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into it a few weeks ago and i got a PM wich i have deleted (sorry) from a serving plod on here, but it basically said the only jobs available are in areas where u wouldn,t want to be, He was serving in the UK and got in that way i don,t know if it,s easier if u are already in the job ??

Neil
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

mm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nice

Thanks everyone.
I have had a look around on the NZ Police jobs site and it looks like they will accept an application as long as you already have your visa in place. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can make up the points as Police Officer isn't a job thats in demand!
I'll keep trying, I suppose you never know what might happen in the future!
Maria
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Some of you might be interested in THIS THREAD
Old Feb 11th 2010, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

ronin852 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would think about it carefully, I colleague from my borough in London went over six months later I heard she wants to come back and made a mistake, the Grass is not always greener. as they say. I also depends on what you expect and want out of your career, I dont think its a move for the young.

good luck
Old Feb 12th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronin852
I would think about it carefully, I colleague from my borough in London went over six months later I heard she wants to come back and made a mistake, the Grass is not always greener. as they say. I also depends on what you expect and want out of your career, I dont think its a move for the young.

good luck
I would like to put my bit in. I am an ex UK cop of about 11 years service. I have had a little to do with plod locally and always look at any cop stories nationally, I hae to say that IMO they are not as professional as the UK plod by a long shot. I think some could find it quite a shock. I loved being a cop in the UK but would not do it over here even if I was young enough. I am sure there are quite a few REALLY good cops in NZ but my opinion is based wholistically. They just don't seem as switched on generally as their UK counterparts.