Police checks

Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

rsbevan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks

Hi everyone,
I'm moving over to Hamilton in about 6 weeks (work visa) but am waiting to hopefully have my EOI selected from the Feb pool (155 points and job offer). My job in UK required a CRB form which i got in November 05. Does anyone know if this would be sufficient for my ITA police check?

Also, my girlfriend is from Auckland and i'm going to be working in Hamilton- is commuting between the two practical (i spend 1.5hrs travelling from Birmingham to Coventry at the moment).

Anyway, look forward to joining you all in a better place.
Rob
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Police checks

Hi Rob

Your CRB check is only valid for 6 months but I think is ok other than that limitation I think.

Good luck with your move ... did you get a job offer from here or were you on the ground in NZ?

The A45 is a swine in the mornings.. the roads in NZ are much better... even the bridge in Auckland which most Kiwis think is a big problem.. compared to the Cov Road it does not rate a frown.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rsbevan
Hi everyone,
I'm moving over to Hamilton in about 6 weeks (work visa) but am waiting to hopefully have my EOI selected from the Feb pool (155 points and job offer). My job in UK required a CRB form which i got in November 05. Does anyone know if this would be sufficient for my ITA police check?

Also, my girlfriend is from Auckland and i'm going to be working in Hamilton- is commuting between the two practical (i spend 1.5hrs travelling from Birmingham to Coventry at the moment).

Rob
Hamilton to the south side of auckland should only take around an hour....but much more if you have to travel through auckland to the north side.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Hamilton to the south side of auckland should only take around an hour....but much more if you have to travel through auckland to the north side.
Thanks guys, Coventry is one of those places to get away from in a hurry at the best of times.

I got my job from the UK- I'm a doctor and all the kiwi docs want to work away to pay off their loans, so there are jobs for people like me who would rather chew off an arm than put up with the NHS any longer. Especially as i'm making a long term commitment rather than a "year on the piss".
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

I'd check about your CRB, as if my memory serves me right I don't think it's enough. I think you have to have a police check done through the proper channels. Would be a shame to have your CRB refused and then have to wait another 40 days for a police check to come through!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:00 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Winnie
I'd check about your CRB, as if my memory serves me right I don't think it's enough. I think you have to have a police check done through the proper channels. Would be a shame to have your CRB refused and then have to wait another 40 days for a police check to come through!
It took closer to 8 weeks for our UK police checks to come through. They arrived at the end of November, the last piece of paper we needed, and delayed our departure by a week. Nail biting stuff! Send in you application NOW! They're good for (is it?) twelve months, anyway.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:04 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...CRB clearance isn't what is required unfortunately...you need to get the police check done...it only costs a tenner and you can usually download the form from your local forces website. It will then be valid for 6 months. HTH...

p.s. This is the link to download the form from the West Midlands Police force

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/p...tion/WA162.pdf - not sure if this is your local force but as you are in Birmingham there's a good chance that it is!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jan 26th 2006 at 8:11 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi there...CRB clearance isn't what is required unfortunately...you need to get the police check done...it only costs a tenner and you can usually download the form from your local forces website. It will then be valid for 6 months. HTH...

p.s. This is the link to download the form from the West Midlands Police force

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/p...tion/WA162.pdf - not sure if this is your local force but as you are in Birmingham there's a good chance that it is!!
Thanks Pinkie, I've got the link and i'm just waiting for them to confirm i'm whiter-than-white. Hmmmm.
Does it really take 40 days? I'm leaving for NZ on March 2nd and can't wait. ITA won't be needed for a while tho.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:07 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

It can take up to 40 days but a lot of folks get theirs sooner than that...ours took 17 days!! Luck of the draw I guess....
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:51 pm
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

Rob, hi from a fellow NHS deserter! We are moving in 3 weeks. I am going to New Plymouth and I think Hamilton is our nearest tertiary referral centre for SCBU (I'm on obgyn).

Good luck with the move, its a major hassle isn't it!

I did a blog of our experiences which will be an ongoing diary of exciting times ahead.

http://nzshenanigans.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Danny

Hi everyone,

Rob
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by drdan
Rob, hi from a fellow NHS deserter! We are moving in 3 weeks. I am going to New Plymouth and I think Hamilton is our nearest tertiary referral centre for SCBU (I'm on obgyn).

Good luck with the move, its a major hassle isn't it!

I did a blog of our experiences which will be an ongoing diary of exciting times ahead.

http://nzshenanigans.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Danny
Danny,
Hi, i've been keeping up to date with your blog for a few weeks (first saw it on drs.net). The hardest thing was sacking off my NTN- makes it all a bit final, but i'm in Gastro and Gen Med and being the 'Med Reg monkey' has taken its toll. It would be good to catch up at some stage, i'm leaving UK 4 weeks today. I'll email you via the above website if you like.
Best wishes,
Rob
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:17 pm
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of

Definitely up for the beer - let's hope the summer holds out for us!

Danny,
Hi, i've been keeping up to date with your blog for a few weeks (first saw it on drs.net). The hardest thing was sacking off my NTN- makes it all a bit final, but i'm in Gastro and Gen Med and being the 'Med Reg monkey' has taken its toll. It would be good to catch up at some stage, i'm leaving UK 4 weeks today. I'll email you via the above website if you like.
Best wishes,
Rob
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:43 am
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

a crb check is perfectly acceptable especially an enhanced one these are more thorough than the police check
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:10 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by steals
a crb check is perfectly acceptable especially an enhanced one these are more thorough than the police check
According to the NZIS website and residence guide a police check is required ...CRB clearances are only valid for the employment under which they are obtained as far as I am aware i.e. clearance received whilst working at one school does not cover you if you change jobs and go to another school - you would then need to re-apply for CRB clearance.

I could be wrong of course...

From the NZIS website....

Police forces within the United Kingdom do not issue “certificates of good conduct” or “police clearance certificates”. A police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 is acceptable as a suitable equivalent.

You have the right to access information held about yourself on the Police National Computer (PNC) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

To obtain a subject access request for information held by the police under the Data Protection Act 1998, you should apply to the police service which covers the region or area where you live or have lived.

You can visit www.police.uk which is the UK Police Service portal that provides links to websites of other police services in the United Kingdom.

You will be required to submit a completed Data Protection form with proof of identity and a fee payment of £10.

You should receive a reply from the UK Police Service within 40 days of receipt of the application.

Edited to add:- I have CRB clearance and asked NZIS if that would suffice and was advised that I would need the above police check doing to submit with our application...they could be wrong of course....

Has anybody out there actually submitted a CRB clearance instead of the police check to NZIS and had it accepted?? Anyone?? Would be interesting to see if it can be accepted after all...who knows!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 3rd 2006 at 3:04 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:28 pm
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
According to the NZIS website and residence guide a police check is required ...CRB clearances are only valid for the employment under which they are obtained as far as I am aware i.e. clearance received whilst working at one school does not cover you if you change jobs and go to another school - you would then need to re-apply for CRB clearance.

I could be wrong of course...

From the NZIS website....

Police forces within the United Kingdom do not issue “certificates of good conduct” or “police clearance certificates”. A police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 is acceptable as a suitable equivalent.

You have the right to access information held about yourself on the Police National Computer (PNC) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

To obtain a subject access request for information held by the police under the Data Protection Act 1998, you should apply to the police service which covers the region or area where you live or have lived.

You can visit www.police.uk which is the UK Police Service portal that provides links to websites of other police services in the United Kingdom.

You will be required to submit a completed Data Protection form with proof of identity and a fee payment of £10.

You should receive a reply from the UK Police Service within 40 days of receipt of the application.

Edited to add:- I have CRB clearance and asked NZIS if that would suffice and was advised that I would need the above police check doing to submit with our application...they could be wrong of course....

Has anybody out there actually submitted a CRB clearance instead of the police check to NZIS and had it accepted?? Anyone?? Would be interesting to see if it can be accepted after all...who knows!!

we used crb checks for our visas for NZ and had no problem at all but decided on canada instead we got our NZ visas 6 months ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.