police checks!!!

Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

nudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant futurenudenut has a brilliant future
Default police checks!!!

Ive just submitted my ITA document etc etc and Ive had a moment of personal doubt... Now Ive read the immigration sites details on how to obtain a police certificate and as I live in Scotland it asks that..
"If you are resident,or have been previously resident,in Scotland,ask your local police station for a Scottish Criminal Record
Office subject access request.A Scottish Police Clearance constitutes
a Clearance for Scotland only,unless the Clearance states that
the ‘Police national computer ’ has been accessed,,in which case
the Clearance will constitute a Police Clearance for the whole
of the United Kingdom."
This is all well and good but the Scottish criminal record office has a subsiduary called "diclosure Scotland that produces police certification. the prisons and indeed the police use this organisation to clear potential employees.
So in a nut shell will this "diclosure scotland "certificate sufice in my ITA
lets hope ive not been sunject to a wee visit from mr f**k up :scared:
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:10 pm
pompeymike

Default Re: police checks!!!

Originally Posted by nudenut
Ive just submitted my ITA document etc etc and Ive had a moment of personal doubt... Now Ive read the immigration sites details on how to obtain a police certificate and as I live in Scotland it asks that..
"If you are resident,or have been previously resident,in Scotland,ask your local police station for a Scottish Criminal Record
Office subject access request.A Scottish Police Clearance constitutes
a Clearance for Scotland only,unless the Clearance states that
the ‘Police national computer ’ has been accessed,,in which case
the Clearance will constitute a Police Clearance for the whole
of the United Kingdom."
This is all well and good but the Scottish criminal record office has a subsiduary called "diclosure Scotland that produces police certification. the prisons and indeed the police use this organisation to clear potential employees.
So in a nut shell will this "diclosure scotland "certificate sufice in my ITA
lets hope ive not been sunject to a wee visit from mr f**k up :scared:
I'm sure that if you've got some bit of paper from some authority that says that you haven't got a criminal record, then that will suffice. When we applied for our Police certificates all we got back was a bit of paper that said there were no crimnal activities recorded in our names and that was it, wasn't even a certificate; just a couple of lines on an official letterhead.

Mike