British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Police Check Turnaround Times: How Long? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/police-check-turnaround-times-how-long-482918/)

Wiz'n'Ton Sep 22nd 2007 9:51 pm

Police Check Turnaround Times: How Long?

Hi all. Anyone recently done a UK Police Check?

We've just sent ours off, and it says they'll be done in 40 days etc, but is it currently taking that long?

Just trying to guestimate a schedule to stick in our Work to Reside visa - currently it is looking exceedingly tight if it runs the full 40 days - :(

Cheers! :)

teambwr47 Sep 22nd 2007 10:27 pm

Re: Police Check Turnaround Times: How Long?

It took the full 40 days and a few more for ours i think but that was when we were still in the UK...........not sure if it will take any longer with you doing it from here just the extra days for post i guess...............

Wiz'n'Ton Sep 22nd 2007 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by niseysOH (Post 5343036)
It took the full 40 days and a few more for ours i think but that was when we were still in the UK...........not sure if it will take any longer with you doing it from here just the extra days for post i guess...............

Arses :(

I should have got off my arse and done them so long ago, and now it's in the lap of the gods. Ah well, hopefully it won't take too long. The worst thing is that our application will go in mid November, meaning it will be processed over the Christmas period and we all know what that means. Processing speed = gooooooo sloooooooow

Anyone done one in the UK this past month - police check that is?

teambwr47 Sep 22nd 2007 10:56 pm

It may be better depending on force area.....

I knew when we put them in that the force concerned was slow on paperwork for all sorts of things as i used to work for them......:p

Other police forces could well be quicker.

Good luck getting them done.....

SirEglamore Sep 22nd 2007 11:10 pm

They all get forwarded to the Met in London, so individual forces dont really figure in the time taken:(

jaybirdjan Sep 23rd 2007 12:20 am

hi

We had ours done back in may june time in uk and took full 40 days plus extra four days in the post but I think it was only because I chased them up daily as soon as 40 expired:mad:

Hope this helps!!

simonmarkellis Sep 23rd 2007 1:45 am

Originally Posted by jaybirdjan (Post 5343192)
hi

We had ours done back in may june time in uk and took full 40 days plus extra four days in the post but I think it was only because I chased them up daily as soon as 40 expired:mad:

Hope this helps!!

We got ours back in June and it took about 40 days.

reecefam Sep 23rd 2007 9:16 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5343271)
We got ours back in June and it took about 40 days.

We got ours back 3 weeks ago...and they landed on the 42nd day...which is the day you can start chasing them if they dont turn up...from what i understand it is Scotland Yard, which slow things up...as they are handling so many nowadays!!!

Wiz'n'Ton Sep 24th 2007 12:39 am

Well thanks all for the responses - looks like it'll be the full 40, so we'll just have to buckle up and enjoy the ride! :ohmy:

Here's hoping! :thumbup:

P2L Sep 24th 2007 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5346747)
Well thanks all for the responses - looks like it'll be the full 40, so we'll just have to buckle up and enjoy the ride! :ohmy:

Hiya,
Just as a thought in an effort to help you speed up the process, can you fax the forms over to your parents, sister, great aunt Maud or the milkman :rofl: and get them to hand them in at the local 'constabulary' ?

Or scan it in & email it :unsure: Or failing that carrier pigeon :)

debbyandmark Oct 7th 2007 7:09 pm

on this subject - is it possible to get a work to residence visa without the police check - remember reading something on the form that said if you only needed one if you planned to stay for 2 years... ??

Spacecake799 Oct 7th 2007 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5346747)

If it helps i know for the ITA it said you could submit everything whilst still waiting for things like police checks. At least then they could start, they just wont grant it without seeing the police checks first. You'll find Immigration closed for 3 weeks over Christmas so the sooner you get everything in the better.
Carole