Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Police Certificates

Police Certificates

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:35 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Question Police Certificates

Hi All.

Just looking for a little advice on Police Certificates. We asked our local Police HQ for this form to fill in and they advised that we could download from their website. However, I'm a bit confused as the form is for obtaining "what information, if any, is held about you on Police Records".

This seems fine as the NZIS help information leaflet says that "You are legally entitled to gain access to information about
yourself under section 21 of the Data Protection Act 1998. You
need to request a Person Record: Prosecution/Criminal History."

Now here comes my issue - on the form we have from the Poilce it says that it "will NOT provide you with a Certificate of Good Conduct or Police Clearance Certificate".

So, if we fill in the form we've got is it the right one?

Sounds a simple question but any help as usual is gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave and Lyns
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:50 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificates

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
Hi All.

Just looking for a little advice on Police Certificates. We asked our local Police HQ for this form to fill in and they advised that we could download from their website. However, I'm a bit confused as the form is for obtaining "what information, if any, is held about you on Police Records".

This seems fine as the NZIS help information leaflet says that "You are legally entitled to gain access to information about

Now here comes my issue - on the form we have from the Poilce it says that it "will NOT provide you with a Certificate of Good Conduct or Police Clearance Certificate".

Cheers,

Dave and Lyns
Yes Dave, it sounds like the right form - sounds like it isn't when you read that sentence but it is - trust me - I rang three different police stations and asked if that was the form you needed when getting police clearance for emigrating and they all confirmed that it was!!

You need to make sure that you tick the box that says 'If you require information from the police national computer about Prosections, Convictions and Cautions history" tick here (It was on Section 2 on the form I had) - that's the bit they are interested in at NZIS...

Just to reassure you Dave if your form looks like this then you've got the right one!!!

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/...ect_access.pdf

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:51 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
Hi All.

Cheers,

Dave and Lyns
It seems every force does it differently. For example, I had to phone and request it because of the data protection act. Quite what difference that makes I have no idea.
On the back of my form it said about not giving character references as well. I think the acid test is - has it cost you a tenner? If it has, it's the right form!!

I had to list my addresses for the last 10 years and that was pretty much it. Does it sound similar?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:56 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I just went to the local police station - took my passport and £10 said I was moving to NZ filled in the form they gave me and that was it - had a lovely chat to the policeman about emigrating
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:56 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Thanks for the responses - yes, we think it is the right form, costs a tenner, etc.

Cheers, you're all stars as usual!

Dave and Lyns