Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Question POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

Hi everybody..
I have a question...In the process of appling for my work to residence visa.
On the visa application for Character Requirements,it says Police Certificate..

I work as an engineer in aviation,i have to produce what is Called a Disclosure Scotland for character requirements..

What does NZIS want ? Because from what i have been told they both show the same information
Can anybody shead some light on this
Thanks
Sqiuddley
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi everybody..
I have a question...In the process of appling for my work to residence visa.
On the visa application for Character Requirements,it says Police Certificate..

I work as an engineer in aviation,i have to produce what is Called a Disclosure Scotland for character requirements..

What does NZIS want ? Because from what i have been told they both show the same information
Can anybody shead some light on this
Thanks
Sqiuddley
I had to get a report from Lothian and Borders Police and from the MET in London. You need to go to your local police station, tell them what you want and its for your forms to emmigrate to NZ, and they give you the form to fill out. Local stuff took about a week to get to me, the one from London about 5 weeks.

You need the national bit, the Scottish one only covers part of the UK, hope that makes sense.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

ok ,thanks for the reply
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

This is from a post I did on 25th Feb

Originally Posted by weejie
We had assumed that as we live in Scotland that our national Disclosure Scotland police check would be accepted but it is not, this after I sent off £20 to get it! :curse:I had to go to my local police station and ask for a Data Protection Act 1998 form. If you take 2 bits of ID with you ( passport,birth cert,driving license) you can fill it out there and then.It costs £10 and should be returned within 40 days.
Phyllis
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice
Cool Re: POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

Sorry fellow Jock, we had the same. We had our Police check from Grampian Police and still had to obtain one from Scotland Yard in Englandshire to satisfy NZIS for our residence visa's. Guess they just like to be thorough. If I mind right, we only paid once to Grampian and they forwarded it on.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

I have just visited the website where they do the police certificates,it costs £35 and they say it will be done in 10days!!!!!!!
If you pay £70 (premium service)mmmmm.
They say it will be done quicker..What i have been hearing on here from a few people is that it can take 40days....:curses**t)..
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

I have just visited the website where they do the police certificates,it costs £35 and they say it will be done in 10days!!!!!!!
They say it will be done quicker..What i have been hearing on here from a few people is that it can take 40days....:curses**t)..
I'm not sure you can order them online. You actually have to go into the police station so they can check your id - passport etc. Its £10 pp. Ours came back at weekend - sent them off at end Jan.

sb
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: POLICE CERTIFICATE OR DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND

THANKS FOR THE INFO......................................:ee k:
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

Hi

Had ours done from the web site [£35] took 3 days !!