Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

pointless crimes in NZ

pointless crimes in NZ

Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:15 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pointless crimes in NZ

Originally Posted by Maz
That's a ****ing horrible thing to say. And that's the only thing I'll say in this thread.
wo wo wo wo wo

dont jump to the defensive and take it so literally. The guys are in shock and deeply affected by what has happened right on their doorstep.

Jacky - hope you and Gary are able to have a restful evening and that the insurance guys pull their fingers out. I hope I havent offended you with any off-topic posts (trying to diffuse the unhelpful comments you got).
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish
wo wo wo wo wo

dont jump to the defensive and take it so literally. The guys are in shock and deeply affected by what has happened right on their doorstep.

Jacky - hope you and Gary are able to have a restful evening and that the insurance guys pull their fingers out. I hope I havent offended you with any off-topic posts (trying to diffuse the unhelpful comments you got).
not at all dreamfish,thanks for your support,much appreciated...jacky....i have asked for this thread to be closed......but thanks most of you (you know who you are )for your kind words....jacky
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:20 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

gary
you must grasp that crime is allover the world, scotland would possible rate as high crime,so to think that you can call nz and auckland as athe same as the uk/scotland is stupid. yes crime happens as it did to you but thats life not new zealand
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happy in nz
gary
you must grasp that crime is allover the world, scotland would possible rate as high crime,so to think that you can call nz and auckland as athe same as the uk/scotland is stupid. yes crime happens as it did to you but thats life not new zealand
i think we realise that,not completely stupid,the fact is when you have only been in a country for 7 months everything is quite strange,you feel more vulnerable anyway.....and the post was to point out it was a pointless crime,as they never stole the car,or anything in it,just vandalised it,which seemed quite pointless.....

lived in Scotland all my life ,and this has never happened to us,guess we have just been lucky.....but it has been a shock and i personaly feel violated,and to come on here and people to make light of it doesn't help.....it has also scared my children and they were rather upset when they saw there dads car this morning.....jacky
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

yes thats sad kids dont need that, sorry i didnot mean for you to feel stupid
its just you kind of get used to it (the crime ) in aukland we live in medowlands near woolworths and ll sorts of things go on. but cuming from london wow this is heaven
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

mandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nice

Everybody needs to vent sometimes to get things off their chest and feel better. Part of being friends or at least writing buddies is to take the bad with the good. If somebody just needs to be angry about somebody disrespecting their property, they should be able to [without wishing it on anybody else] I don't think that Jacky was trying to say that their problem was worse than anybody elses, just that she was p***ed off.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:39 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Garry and Jacky
really feel for you...sorry that not only did you have this done to your property but you then come on here and get nasty comments

hope you get it sorted soon and you have no more trouble

take care and much
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
Garry and Jacky
really feel for you...sorry that not only did you have this done to your property but you then come on here and get nasty comments

hope you get it sorted soon and you have no more trouble

take care and much
thankyou,calming down now.....think Garry got a bit carried away with the wishing this on others.....apologies...think he was just trying to let others know how it feels....it effects everyone different....cheers for your support...jacky
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:57 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really horrible when something like this happens, it's not just an attack on your property that you can shrug off and walk away from is it, it's a lot more personal than that.

I know it's no consolation but it sounds as if the offender/s didn't even have enough gumption to steal the car properly or anything in it for that matter. I think it's probably kids and that the hospital pass was taken because they thought they may be able to get in and get drugs or syringes.

The police attiude doesn't help one bit either, even if there's nothing they can do they could've at least had more respect for your feelings.

Sorry this has happened to you.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:18 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

My apologies to Jacky and Garry for my comments to come out the way they do.

I now realise that this is the first time this has happened to you so maybe I should have been a bit more tactful.

I do hope they catch the buggers that did this to you but, like the police, I think there is no hope unless you wait outside with a baseball bat over the next 10 weeks.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There have been a few requests to moderate this thread.

Jacky. I am so sorry to read what has happened. It doesn't matter what , how or where any crime or assault happens to another. It is still horrible ,terrible & upsetting. It does feel personal and it is a complete violation.

Per the OPs request, this thread is now closed.