Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pohutukawa Coast Area

Pohutukawa Coast Area

Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Pohutukawa Coast Area

The Pohutukawa Coast lies to the east of Auckland City, a distance of approx 50 km by road, and to the northeast of Manukau City approx 20 km by road. Move from the hustle and bustle of city life and traffic, to the more relaxed lifestyles of semi-rural Auckland before confronting the wonderful coastline and seascapes of The Pohutukawa Coast.

You will join the Pacific Coast Highway when you reach the country village of Whitford, our “Gateway to the Coast”, and following the highway leads you to the seaside township of Beachlands, the Omana Regional Park, the seaside settlements of Omana & Maraetai Beaches and ultimately, after driving the wonderful Coast Road, to Umupia/Duders’s Beach and Duder Regional Park where The Pohutukawa Coast ends. Turning inland at the end of the beach and following the North Road will take you to the rural and historic village of Clevedon.
http://www.pohutukawacoast.co.nz/view.asp?PageNo=0
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pohutukawa Coast Area

.....and we love it here!!

Thanks for the link.... not seen that site before.

Last edited by SarahB; Feb 10th 2006 at 2:59 am.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SarahB
.....and we love it here!!

Thanks for the link.... not seen that site before.
Yes, great site Sarah. I was in the Cafe at Beachlands today and they had a pamphlet advertsing the new website. I thought it would be good to put on here as a few people ask about the area and sometimes it is hard to explain to people what the area is like.

Here is another site to look at for spinekar Bay at Beachlands:
http://www.sbay.co.nz/about.asp
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at the Beachlands site.....it says there are 3 beaches, I've found 2, Shelly Bay and Sunkist Bay.....wheres "Green Bay"?? Ive not found that one yet....do you know where it is??

I go in the cafe sometimes annaerb....I'd walk right past you and never know it was you!..how strange!