British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   PO Box help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/po-box-help-590821/)

over50 Feb 11th 2009 12:13 pm

PO Box help

Well after several emails and even a phone call to Nelson post shop I have still not managed to open a PO box from the UK :curse: Can anyone help here I know or have read it is possible but I am unable to get an application form either on line or by any other means. Please help I need to sort a redirection with royal mail but need somewhere to send to:frown:
Has anyone else set up or had problems doing exactly the same thing here in the UK? Someone please point me in the right direction I must be doing something wrong somewhere:confused:
Thanks.
Dee.x

TeamEmbo Feb 11th 2009 6:04 pm

Re: PO Box help

We opened ours from the UK with no problems. Try this link, it might help:

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-...p/FindAnswers/

Type in as a question 'open po box from uk' and it'll give you the info. I think you need to email them (they give you the details on the above). NZ post emailed us the application form. We printed it off, filled it out, scanned it and our ID and emailed it back and got a confirmation email with details of our po box number and location. I think we paid by credit card for the first year.

Hope this helps.

over50 Feb 11th 2009 8:50 pm

Righty oh I have e.mailed them again requesting an application form lets see if this gets returned asking me what I want again.... watch this space....:rofl:
Thanks for the input though , you never know this time I might just get it.. otherwise I will have to ask someone to do it for me......:)
Dee.

over50 Feb 12th 2009 4:19 pm

Just an update folks, I recieved another e.mail today and guess what they said please find attached application form, fill it in and mail back with payment. Only trouble is there is no attachment of an application form to send back:frown:
Sooooooooooooo I am still waiting, sent another e.mail today to say no attachment could they please send again, I did mention about being on bended knees and please please and time running out etc so lets see if this works this time around...:blink:
Watch this space for an update.... :ohmy:
Dee

TeamEmbo Feb 12th 2009 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by over50 (Post 7278543)
Just an update folks, I recieved another e.mail today and guess what they said please find attached application form, fill it in and mail back with payment. Only trouble is there is no attachment of an application form to send back:frown:
Sooooooooooooo I am still waiting, sent another e.mail today to say no attachment could they please send again, I did mention about being on bended knees and please please and time running out etc so lets see if this works this time around...:blink:
Watch this space for an update.... :ohmy:
Dee

That might be confusing. Keep it plain and simple else they might go off at a tangent and focus more on your knee problem.

over50 Feb 12th 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks TeamEmbo I did think of that one when I sent it....:rofl:but it must have hit a cord as I have just checked my e.mail and hey presto I have an application form. Now have to figure out how to fill in and send back as a pdf file, thank goodness husband is more computer literate than me.... he is working on the problem now....:D
I must say though the lady who has given me her work e.mail addy has been most helpful and has reserved a box for us and suggests sending the details back to her personally now thats what I call service above and beyond the call of duty. Well done NZ Post and I am not being sarcastic here I truely mean it.
Dee.
ps. thanks for the input though ;)

cappuccino Feb 13th 2009 8:14 am

I also had lots of problems last year when trying to set up a PO Box from the UK.

With the form, print it off, complete it, then scan it to your computer and email back to them.

allanchester Feb 13th 2009 5:02 pm

Another option would be to use the UK Postbox service which gives you an online UK PO Box. You can then view, recycle, shred or forward all your letters on a computer from anywhere in the world, just like email. You can even send post, by uploading a letter to your account and then it is printed out and sent from the UK, over coming time issues.
I know many people who are using this and rate it 100%

Hope that this helps. :)

lardyl Feb 13th 2009 5:31 pm

Also you might want to bear in mind that there may be waiting lists for PO Boxes - I couldn't get the most local and then had to wait a couple of weeks for one 5km away.......good luck

over50 Feb 14th 2009 8:06 am

Thanks for your help everyone, we have finally got the application form and been told that one has been reserved for us, all they need now is payment etc. I must say it was pretty decent of them to reserve one for us before filling in the application form credit where credit is due they are far better than the royal mail here in the UK. I have that battle to do now with them... getting mail re-directed from here to there.
My dealings with New Zealanders over the phone, which has been a few in recent days, has been so over whelming as they are so helpful and welcoming it really does make for a refreshing change from service here in the UK.
Steve and Dee.
38 days to go countdown has begun.:)