Reload this Page >

Plumbing Registration Exams

Plumbing Registration Exams

Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:44 am
Just Joined

plumbob will become famous soon enough
Default Plumbing Registration Exams

Hi all

Crossing fingers tightly, EOI lodged in May, selected June, did everything for ITA ourselves and returned it beginning of August. Now waiting......

Whilst waiting, I've been getting my head around the registration exams for Plumbers. I have a contract of employment & been able to get limited registration from this end. The plan was to get out there, get some work experience under my belt and pick up the differences but time is ticking away and the exam is in November, in NZ.

Have looked into courses to equip you for the registration exam but they are longer/more indepth than I need (30 yrs in trade), too expensive (charge non residents over double) and are over there, and I'm not.

I have done the freebie past exam papers on the 'boards' website, did ok, but there are only a couple. I've come across some posts which say registration isnt 'necessary' but its a condition of my job offer and I want to do it so I can go on to be self employed later.

Any one out there who could point me in the direction of books, guides or contacts? I'd be really grateful.

Regards

Plumbob
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 5:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Plumbing Registration Exams

Originally Posted by plumbob
Hi all

Crossing fingers tightly, EOI lodged in May, selected June, did everything for ITA ourselves and returned it beginning of August. Now waiting......

Whilst waiting, I've been getting my head around the registration exams for Plumbers. I have a contract of employment & been able to get limited registration from this end. The plan was to get out there, get some work experience under my belt and pick up the differences but time is ticking away and the exam is in November, in NZ.

Have looked into courses to equip you for the registration exam but they are longer/more indepth than I need (30 yrs in trade), too expensive (charge non residents over double) and are over there, and I'm not.

I have done the freebie past exam papers on the 'boards' website, did ok, but there are only a couple. I've come across some posts which say registration isnt 'necessary' but its a condition of my job offer and I want to do it so I can go on to be self employed later.

Any one out there who could point me in the direction of books, guides or contacts? I'd be really grateful.

Regards

Plumbob

Hi there.

I have sent you a PM.

Its somewhat correct to state that being a registered plumber is not required in order to work within the trade.
A Limited licence covers everyone wanting to work within the trade from a labourer or an apprentice to a new overseas migrant.
In order to be considered a fully qualified plumber , you are correct in thinking that you need to sit and pass the registration exam 9192. The pass mark for this is 60%.
Being able to download the past two years PGDB exams for free is a brand new and extremely welcome facility. Previously each Q&A for each year cost $10 each.
Should you pass the registration this November 2006, you will be allowed to sit the Common business paper the following year. November 2007. There has to be, currently, two years between passing registration and sitting the craftsman plumbing exam paper. Therefore, your first stab at this will be Nov 2008.

edited to add...

Watch your time-scale for application to sit the Nov 2006 9192.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 22nd 2006 at 5:24 am.