Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Plumber thinking to move to NZ or Aus - what is it like to live and work

Plumber thinking to move to NZ or Aus - what is it like to live and work

Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Ahab39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumber thinking to move to NZ or Aus - what is it like to live and work

HI Bev
I Kept coming across this site when trawling the web looking for info on New Zealand. So I Hope you are still giving out advise as it seems you have been doing this for some years now??
I am a qualified Plumbing&heating Engineer, seven years apprentice to technician level. gas safe reg [which was corgi], Oftec reg [oil], solar thermal reg air and ground source Reg and soild fuel [hetas] the list goes on, basically I've been doing this for 24 years and have run my own business for the last 9 years. I would like to now what the current circumstances are regarding work in new zealand?? Any Advise would be most welcome. I understand the procedure that i have to go through regarding the PGDB and visa, I'm more after a truthful idea of what its like to live out there and work opportunities as I have a young family and dont want to put there welfare at risk just because i would like to get out of this country and its stupid rat race that we seem to be living over here!
Hopefully this finds you well and you can take the time to reply.
Many thanks and best wishes
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:39 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to NZ

Originally Posted by Ahab39
HI Bev
I Kept coming across this site when trawling the web looking for info on New Zealand. So I Hope you are still giving out advise as it seems you have been doing this for some years now??
I am a qualified Plumbing&heating Engineer, seven years apprentice to technician level. gas safe reg [which was corgi], Oftec reg [oil], solar thermal reg air and ground source Reg and soild fuel [hetas] the list goes on, basically I've been doing this for 24 years and have run my own business for the last 9 years. I would like to now what the current circumstances are regarding work in new zealand?? Any Advise would be most welcome. I understand the procedure that i have to go through regarding the PGDB and visa, I'm more after a truthful idea of what its like to live out there and work opportunities as I have a young family and dont want to put there welfare at risk just because i would like to get out of this country and its stupid rat race that we seem to be living over here!
Hopefully this finds you well and you can take the time to reply.
Many thanks and best wishes
Hi Ahab and welcome,

If you are looking for Bevs and info on NZ, have a look here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

I'm sure you can find lots of info as well as Bevs
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Plumber thinking to move to NZ or Aus - what is it like to live and work

Hi there. I have just seen your post which I have now moved from the 'Plumbers' section of BE. I've sent you a BE email to hopefully alert you .

I'm sure that we'll all have a go at saying a little about an NZ life here as we personally experience it.

I read that you are familiar with the PGDB so won't bore you further with that unless you have something you wish to ask.