Plug hole

Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:38 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plug hole

Ok taking into account that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction from North to Southern hemisphere, and being someone who has a strong sense of direction how long does it take to adapt to the sun travelling north instead of south across the sky and making me feel as though it was rising in the West and setting in the East? Also who decided that the northern hemisphere was at the top of the planet and the southern the bottom?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:59 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plug hole

Now you're getting complicated!

The sun goes up and it gets light in the morning and it gets dark at night, when the sun goes down. That's as advanced as I get!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ok taking into account that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction from North to Southern hemisphere
That one is a myth, our kitchen sink empties clockwise & the bath counterclockwise
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Ok taking into account that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction from North to Southern hemisphere, and being someone who has a strong sense of direction how long does it take to adapt to the sun travelling north instead of south across the sky and making me feel as though it was rising in the West and setting in the East? Also who decided that the northern hemisphere was at the top of the planet and the southern the bottom?
Don't forget the Moon being upside down as well
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Don't forget the Moon being upside down as well
& Orion
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:12 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
That one is a myth, our kitchen sink empties clockwise & the bath counterclockwise
It's not is it?! I (thought I) saw a well respected travel docu once where someone showed the vortex on either side of the equator- by taking a few steps!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
It's not is it?! I (thought I) saw a well respected travel docu once where someone showed the vortex on either side of the equator- by taking a few steps!
I'm afraid it is, sorry
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit

I think we've all seen it on TV or elsewhere, but it is a nifty little trick performed by people who live on the equator, to get tourists to part with money.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:45 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
& Orion
And Uranus................
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:50 am

Alright sod the plug hole what about the sun bit? Does it mess up sense of direction permanently or do Northern people acclimatize? (so to speak)
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:22 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

id say that unless you are use to needing a compass and using a reff point to take a bearing whilst going to the shops or a drive I think you will be fine with just using the street signs and directions from a street map.

Just as well as if you had to rely on the sun in dunedin for direction you would be lost!

george
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

I dont care which way he goes up or comes back down - just so long as he raises his hat to me when comes out to play - here in good old bloody yorkshire - it hasnt got light all day!!!!

Roll on January 7th
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I've really noticed the sun or where it travels that much [but then I did live in Palmy where it seemed to rain most of this year]
It's a long time since I had to find north using a watch and the sun as well - and that was only to pass my Map readers badge at Guides...so it wouldn't really affect me that much

As for the plughole; I have spent too much time trying to work out whether this is true and can confidently say that it isn't. Our bath swirls both anticlockwise and clockwise depending on its mood....I need to get a life...
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:02 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

ok i am confused
if a i am lost and walking down Cameron Rd in Tauranga or any road it doesn't matter and its mid day i don't have my glasses so i cant read the street signs.
is the sun now in the North or South ?
I need more help as i am a sad person i have just filled the sink with water and let it down the plug hole 3 times.
Twice it went clockwise and once anti clockwise ??
i need to get out more or have a drink or both
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bdclayton
ok i am confused
if a i am lost and walking down Cameron Rd in Tauranga or any road it doesn't matter and its mid day i don't have my glasses so i cant read the street signs.
is the sun now in the North or South ?
I need more help as i am a sad person i have just filled the sink with water and let it down the plug hole 3 times.
Twice it went clockwise and once anti clockwise ??
i need to get out more or have a drink or both
Roughly speaking the Mount is North. Easy peasy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.