Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pleasntly surprised by Wellington Council

Pleasntly surprised by Wellington Council

Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:01 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pleasntly surprised by Wellington Council

I sent an email to the general enquiries address of Wellington Council the other day saying that I've noticed that several dog owners have been failing to clean up after their dogs in our area and is there anything that can be done to help.

Two days later I got an email back saying they'd passed it on to the dog wardens , who would increase patrols in our area. Then I got a phone call from the dog warden saying the same, and how she gets frustrated by the same thing.

The day after I got a letter in the post inviting me to apply for responsible dog owner status. They'd even looked up our dog's registration number and filled it in on the form!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pleasntly surprised by Wellington Council

Thats good to hear, proves they take notice. Noticed on the news the other night the story about the old guy living in the cave, local councilor said they had no problems with him being there, now that would not have happened where we came from in the UK, he would have been told to bugger off quick smart. Obviously more caring over here, in some areas.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pleasntly surprised by Wellington Council

I was really impressed with Rotorua District Council. When we first arrived we were starting a small business from home and I noticed the street sign at one end of our street was missing. I rang the council and within an hour they had rang back and spoken to Rob at home (who didn't know what they were talking about, as I had forgotten to tell him). They apologised and said it would take up to 2 weeks as the metal sign had to be specially made and would be done as soon as possible. Less than a week later it was up
Well done RDC.

Gill