Reload this Page >

Please read, I need advice

Please read, I need advice

Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Ron Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please read, I need advice

Hi,

I am a 51 year old wall and floor tiler with 30 years experience. I am looking to go to NZ on work permit with a view to permanent residency - To get a work permit I understand that I need an employer to offer me a job. Does anyone know of employers looking to hire a wall and floor tiler.

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks for reading this

Ron Barker
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Please read, I need advice

Ron,

I think your best bet is to come here as a visitor and make the rounds. There is no law saying that you can't interview for work while on 'holiday'. Think about it. Would you hire a wall and floor tiler sight unseen? Boots on the ground will be your best course of action.

Good luck.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ron Barker
Hi,

I am a 51 year old wall and floor tiler with 30 years experience. I am looking to go to NZ on work permit with a view to permanent residency - To get a work permit I understand that I need an employer to offer me a job. Does anyone know of employers looking to hire a wall and floor tiler.

Thanks for reading this

Ron Barker
Hi
There are a number of NZ expos coming up around the UK...maybe go and see if you can build up any contacts there
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Ron Barker is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks for the advise
Regards
Ron
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Try before you buy!

Hey Ron

Just did a seek and got this:

http://www.seek.co.nz/jobsearch/inde...archfrom=quick

As happy suggest may be worthwhile coming over for a look see first.

Good luck!

NG
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:11 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron Barker
Hi,

Thanks for reading this

Ron Barker

Sorry I can't give you any specific companies to contact but, just thought I would let you know that there is LOTS of work here for good tilers.

Most tilers I know pick up work directly from the tiling suppliers, i.e word of mouth.

Might be worth a look on
www.seek.co.nz
www.trademe.co.nz/jobs
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:18 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Last time we employed a tiler he charged us $50/sq metre for the labour which also included the adhesive and grout. If you're self employed (or do work on the side) it seems like good money - if you've got a stready stream of working coming in.