Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...

Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...

Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...

1. Our patio and back garden and view to the lake behind us.
  2. View from the porch. You can see our mailbox at the end of the driveway. No sign of the road though...
  3. View down the street. Where's the street gone? Goodness knows!

The plus-side: hubby is completely fed-up with living here.

Here is our current weather. Down near the bottom you can switch between "English" (ie. Imperial ) and metric units. It's currently -16C, wind chill is -23C. It's still snowing and expected to snow for another 7 or so hours.
Attached Thumbnails Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...-snow_1.jpg   Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...-snow_2.jpg   Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...-snow_3.jpg  

Last edited by Maz; Feb 6th 2007 at 4:47 pm. Reason: Forgot to add the current temp
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please... no quips about 'winter wonderland'...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

I really don't envy you at all .... but I'd rather have the snow than a snake !!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:43 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

I really don't envy you at all .... but I'd rather have the snow than a snake !!
I don't like snow either but i'd rather have snow for a month of sundays than a hallway full of sh*t !!!!!!

Have you built a snowman yet?

Keep warm
Mandie x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:45 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Have you built a snowman yet?

Keep warm
Mandie x
Ha ha funny... It's -23C with the windchill, and snow is a 4-letter word. We don't play in the snow here, we shovel it when possible, and as quickly as poss, then retreat back inside.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh Maz, it looks cold.

Temp in Wellington yesterday 24c and gorgeous, forecast today 25c.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:52 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Maz

I know you're freezing your **** off over there, but it does look beautiful, especially when it's "virgin" snow.

I always think it's a pity that people tread all over it and then it turns to slush. I don't envy you those temps at all, although it's good to hear your OH has decided it's time to get the hell outta there !!!

Stay warm, sent you some karma

Sarah
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:26 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hiya Maz

I know you're freezing your **** off over there, but it does look beautiful, especially when it's "virgin" snow.

I always think it's a pity that people tread all over it and then it turns to slush. I don't envy you those temps at all, although it's good to hear your OH has decided it's time to get the hell outta there !!!

Stay warm, sent you some karma

Sarah
Me too, that was a very welcome decision!

I just got back in and my hands and legs are numb. It's warmed up quite a lot, it's only -13C now. Apparently it feels like -20C and I believe that! I just shovelled the driveway and pavements. Took me an hour. The snow is very light and fluffy, so it's very easy to move, however you can't just fling it onto a pile of snow as it'll all blow back towards you! LOL I took a bunch of pictures and will upload them tonight. Off for a nice warm shower now!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:27 pm
Maz

And thank you as well for the Karma, Sarah, very kind of you.