Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Please Help RE Orewa

Please Help RE Orewa

Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:35 pm
rmj
Just Joined

Location: Wellington...there where the mighty Hurricanes come from...be afraid....be very very afraid!!!
rmj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nice
Default Please Help RE Orewa

Hiya

Just a quick question to anyone in the Orewa area. I will be there next week thursday for 1 week with my 2 and a half year old son. What is there to do (besides the beach). Any playgroups or something like that? Maybe somewhere I can drop him off to play for an hour...or eight?

Also where is the best/cheapest place to buy diapers in the area? Coming from our stop over in Singapore and the sizes here ...well lets just say its on the small side.

Thanks

Robin.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help RE Orewa

Hi

We live in Orewa and have 2 boys - aged two and a half and six months. There are lots of good playgrounds if the weather is fine; otherwise there is a Plunket playgroup on a Monday morning 9.30 am ish. Also there is a good day nursery - "lollipops" - that I think will take children on a casual basis if they have spaces. Hope that is helpful.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rmj
Hiya

Just a quick question to anyone in the Orewa area. I will be there next week thursday for 1 week with my 2 and a half year old son. What is there to do (besides the beach). Any playgroups or something like that? Maybe somewhere I can drop him off to play for an hour...or eight?

Also where is the best/cheapest place to buy diapers in the area? Coming from our stop over in Singapore and the sizes here ...well lets just say its on the small side.

Thanks

Robin.
There is a New World supermarket in Orewa so hopefully you can get the nappies you need, cant say I have ever checked for nappies

Good Luck, Orewa is very nice
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rmj
Hiya

Thanks

Robin.
Hi Robin - didn't realise you're already in Wellington, welcome!! - are you going to move to Orewa?
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:51 am
rmj
Just Joined

Location: Wellington...there where the mighty Hurricanes come from...be afraid....be very very afraid!!!
rmj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nicermj is just really nice

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Hi Robin - didn't realise you're already in Wellington, welcome!! - are you going to move to Orewa?
H there, no we in Singapore at the moment, arriving Auckland next week, staying in Orewa for a week before going down to Welly.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rmj
H there, no we in Singapore at the moment, arriving Auckland next week, staying in Orewa for a week before going down to Welly.
Safe journey(s) and look forward to meeting you in Wellington!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
There is a New World supermarket in Orewa so hopefully you can get the nappies you need, cant say I have ever checked for nappies

Good Luck, Orewa is very nice
theres a countdown too, i get the budget ones for my youngest as she only wears them a t night, but you can get huggies here