Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Please help me........help me..........

Please help me........help me..........

Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

johneboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me........help me..........

Hi everyone out there in NZ.........
I need your help I just need to know if anybody knows if there is opportunities in the large format digital graphics and print finishing industry in NZ or would it be better in Oz.
I also have a question? in the UK i have run a company for 20 years would this be a plus in NZ because here in the UK I find people are not interested employing
a 48 year old experienced man. I must be some sort of threat ????
Any way I am looking for a new opportunity and a new life.

Any advice or help that you might like to give me really would be fantastic and very, very much appreciated.

John
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:09 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help me........help me..........

Not sure either way but I'd hazard a guess that there's more call for that sort of service over here. Don't let your age put you off either, if you can get an Oz employer to sponsor you for a temp 457 Visa (lasts for 4 years until it has to be renewed) your age doesn't come into it.

Why not ask over on the Oz forum too.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please help me........help me..........

Hi there,

My husband runs a Vacuum Pump company which as you probably know you need Vacuum in the printing industry. Things are def. slowing down here and most of the companies are tightening their belts.
That said I KNOW that in general its har to find good printers. The big companies to look at are International Print in Glenfield North Shore Auckland. Geon Group which are a MASSIVE company based in St Lukes Auckland and also Image Centre also in Auckland.

Would you be interested in buying a company out here because I know of a cracking one for sale.

I thought Printers were on the shortage list? Anyway have a crack at these companies alsong with people like APN Group...They are the ones that print most of the newspapers out here along with all the top mags like Womans Day etc etc

Good Luck