Please Help Me

Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:46 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help Me

Hi Jack,

thanks for the update. Hope your parents are OK now.....ah the joys of long distance travel.

Glad to hear you are doing well.....keep us updated on how you're doing and how your family settle.....

...If you are here at the end of the year and are in Wellington, there's a beer here with your name on it......
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:40 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Jack .... I've been off line for 14 days so missed your earlier post, have just read this thread and want to thank you for being so open and honest. We (Husband and I) are off to NZ asap and like other posters we will be leaving our 'babies' here. I will get them to read your posts to prepare them, as its certainly made me realise that it wont be easy for them!
Your family must be so proud of you! Hope you're feeling better now and its good to hear that your family have arrived safely in NZ.
Take care B x
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Jack,
nice to hear from you on this forum- its so hard isnt it - you think that everything will be ok - bt being separated can be horrible!
Its good of you to share such an honest and open conversation with us.. i am a mum of four (3 guys around and above ur age and a daughter 18) So .. just to say me and my Dave will also be going to NZ - bt only our daughter will be coming (she says for a short while only) - bt i would love them all around me.. bt its (like urs) their decision, - If you really want to go over - then i'm sure it will happen- even a long holiday to start with - and you mentioned that ur family will be trying to get thing s organised asap too - well that sounds positve. Keep your chin up.. it wont be too long ok?
love and hugs
Berni x
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Have only just read your post and it made me cry my eyes out. My gut instinct as a mother was to say 'get on the plane, get on the plane now', but as I said that's just me and over emotional mother who couldn't imagine being without her son.

I'm glad to see that from the number of responses you are getting you have touched a lot of peoples hearts and are certainly not alone.

If you do decide to come over then chances are a lot of your friends from the UK will be wanting to come and visit anyway as it is a great age for traveling and back-packing.

If you do decide not to go over immediately, then I would definitely consider booking a ticket for Xmas if I was you as it is the hardest time to be away from family and it is one of the loveliest times of year to be over here.

Any mum would be proud to have you as a son and I can see why your mum would have been so upset to leave. I think when she reads these postings then she will probably be back on the next plane to get you

Try and trust your gut instinct (whether it is telling you to stay or go) and don't worry too much about trying to do the sensible thing with regards your job, flat etc. I'm sure that if you told your landlord and boss how you are feeling then they would try and help.

I hope it all works out for you whatever you decide to do. Sending you a virtual hug.

Rose
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all these responses. I'm feeling a lot better than I was and I cannot believe its been over a week already.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Little update. I spoke to them again last night and they are currently in Wellington visiting friends who emigrated earlier this year, and are heading back to Rotorua later on. Aside from the trouble getting out there, everything is going reasonably well. One sister wants to come home but I said being homesick is completely normal especially when your on the other side of the world. Brother hasnt found a club to get drunk in yet and other sister has found a school to start early next year. Can't believe its been 10 days already.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:37 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Jack, good to see you are sounding a bit better, well done for your advice to your sister must have been tough given how you are feeling

Keep us all posted with how you are doing

Dewb x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

They just called me and thankfully I'm on a nightshift, been visiting friends who emigrated earlier in the year to Wellington, Been to a KFC and the most disappointing thing is that the KFC in Wellington (maybe in all of New Zealand) doesnt sell beans! only mashed potatoe & gravy. Off for a few days so be back when I can. Toodles.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:15 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobDon
They just called me and thankfully I'm on a nightshift, been visiting friends who emigrated earlier in the year to Wellington, Been to a KFC and the most disappointing thing is that the KFC in Wellington (maybe in all of New Zealand) doesnt sell beans! only mashed potatoe & gravy. Off for a few days so be back when I can. Toodles.
Great to hear from you Jack, keep up with letting us know how things are, both for yourself and with the family, can I ask how old your sis is that wants to come home?? Only we have a 12 yr old who is giving us such a hard time about going
Tina. x
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Back, 6 days in work - Two weeks down and its gone supprisingly quickly every day is easier than the one before it and me & my nan have already finished the first season of Prison Break 3 more to go
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey you

Nice to see you here.

We have all been discussing what name you could use for your own log-in . ( Please read HERE ) . It would be fun and we could all lavish you with karma and you would give Matewx a run for his money.

No pressure to have your own account you understand . It's not meant in that way at all.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:57 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hey you

Nice to see you here.

We have all been discussing what name you could use for your own log-in . ( Please read HERE ) . It would be fun and we could all lavish you with karma and you would give Matewx a run for his money.

No pressure to have your own account you understand . It's not meant in that way at all.
Cheeeeky BEVS...
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:55 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
you would give Matewx a run for his money.
...Hey that's my job!!!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:17 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
...Hey that's my job!!!
I feel you guys are anti french & just enjoy bullying me...

boohooohoooohoooo
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:10 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matewx
I feel you guys are anti french & just enjoy bullying me...

boohooohoooohoooo
So go tell a Mod ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.