Please Help Me

Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:51 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help Me

Was just checking to see how you are Jack? but have remembered you are a 19yr old lad and its a Saturday night DOH!

Quite pleased to see you are not on here like me
as I am mmmmmmm well a lot older

Dewb xx
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:12 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the posts of RobDon - they are my parents who are emigrating with my family to Rotorua, New Zealand. I'm their 19year old son. My name is Jack and I'll be using this forum as much as I can. They left today and right now I'm in work STILL crying my eyes out and couldn't possibly regret my decision to stay in the UK anymore than I do. After a few days of very emotional goodbyes, My dog went on Tueday, Cat on Wednesday and worst of all my family left today, a matter of hours ago. My older brother Andrew,22; Younger sisters Natalie,16 & Laura,12; And my Mum & Dad. I foolishly didnt realise how much they meant to me. I haven't stopped crying for two days and hate myself for saying I wasn't going when the truth is I was just absolutely terridfied of the idea. But now I really want to join them, I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days but I feel sick at the idea of being here alone and I haven't ate anything since yesterday evening. I've told them that I plan to join them as soon as humanly possible and as soon as they arrive they will start trying to get me over there.

IF anybody has any idea what I'm going through please get back to me with any advise on how to speed up the process of getting back to my family.
Awww I feel for you, but you seem to have lots of support, my daughter will be 16 soon she wants to go back to the UK, but not without us..yet...

Im sure she wont go without us, she will miss us. but I do feel for her that she hates it here.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

linzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nice

Ok so here's a little update, Up to now; I recieved a message from my mother at 04:45 UK time to say that they had arrived in Dubai, 07:45 Dubai time and it was 40 degrees C. Then that they had to wait 2 hours till their second flight to Sydney. 10:15 i recieved a message saying that they had a minimum 4 and a half hour delay due to an Aircraft fault in Dubai. I'm not sure exactly when they arrive in Sydney but i vagely remember mention of a 14 hour flight so anytime now i expect a message. Then a short 5hour hop over to Auckland. Feeling a lot better, eating etc.... going to the Everton v Arsenal game tommorow and if all goes to plan the team in blue win and I'll feel even better. Can't wait to hear from them to see how everything is going, and I plan to be there for christmas.
Well that score definately wouldn't have cheered you up!!! Our family were 'gutted'. Hope you are starting to feel better about things. We are only 'over the water' in Wallasey from you and plan to go to NZ next month. If you need anyone to chat to let me know.

Linzi
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
Awww I feel for you, but you seem to have lots of support, my daughter will be 16 soon she wants to go back to the UK, but not without us..yet...

Im sure she wont go without us, she will miss us. but I do feel for her that she hates it here.
We are the same, are daughter is 17 in November and not settled like her 12 year old brother. I have to say one of our biggest regret is making her move to NZ, but that is more down to her individual personality, rather than every teenager
The only way forward for us all and her determination is for her to make a month visit in December. Yes is the answer, we are worried she does not want to return, but like Jack's parents we now have to give her the choice.
I know we would miss her like crazy, but she has got two older brothers and of course all the family in UK
Love30stm, we feel and understand your daughter

D
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please Help Me

Originally Posted by BEVS

It won't help you but after I arrived here I could have jumped a plane back to my Dad at any moment and I wasn't 19....or 21.....or 31......just a lot older........
As side from that above.....<<Insert smillie face here>>

For Jack:

'Kia Kaha' is an expression in the Maori language te reo Maori meaning 'stay strong', used as encouragement when the going gets tough. ...

K coming your way.

Last edited by Nice Guy; Aug 16th 2009 at 6:53 am. Reason: Another spilling mistake
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
As side from that above.....<<Insert smillie face here>>

For Jack:

'Kia Kaha' is an expression in the Maori language te reo Maori meaning 'stay strong', used as encouragement when the going gets tough. ...

K coming your way.
You're so nice Nice Guy!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:04 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichicks
We are the same, are daughter is 17 in November and not settled like her 12 year old brother. I have to say one of our biggest regret is making her move to NZ, but that is more down to her individual personality, rather than every teenager
The only way forward for us all and her determination is for her to make a month visit in December. Yes is the answer, we are worried she does not want to return, but like Jack's parents we now have to give her the choice.
I know we would miss her like crazy, but she has got two older brothers and of course all the family in UK
Love30stm, we feel and understand your daughter

D
Yes your right , its my daughters personality too, she has not settled really well like her 13 year old sister. but she does not have a choice to go back to the UK yet...

we have already been back in June for 2 weeks, and she still wants to go back, but anyway it may have something to do with Wanganui! LOL, but anyway in the long run we wont be settling in Wanganui in the near future, and we have been here two years!!

thanks anyway
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Jack
I too think you stayed for a reason and it may have been a valid one. A firm plan to visit/stay in NZ at Christmas would give you chance to see how you enjoy your 'newfound freedom'..but be able to look forward to seeing them soon (I went 18 months without seeing my Mum when I came to NZ - I am married though so not the same but still significant gap to me!) they would have had chance to settle in as well.....many many people pingpong back...since no one else has dared mention it...it is just possible NZ won't tick all the boxes for them as they expected it to...so no need for hasty decisions...make the most of the support network you have left in UK (grandparents etc)..they will actually be lacking that in NZ right now, support network is one of the hardest things to replace in your life when you relocate internationally.

I do feel for you, and can't imagine ever leaving my own kids behind even if technically adults...have also just soaked a couple of hankies reading your thread.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm back on now after a 3-day gap, Can't find the cables for my computer at the moment so I'm using the computer in my office. Last I heard they were in Sydney, in a hotel, with an Australian Visa. Couldn't explain it by text message as they were costing £0.49 each. Looking forward to their call even though it will probably be in the middle of the night

Woke up yesterday morning, and this morning at 5:45am for work and just said to myself "I can't be bothered with this" Each day has been getting easier as me and my nan have been spending more time together, watching tele, our favourite show in DVD without 6month gaps between episodes or (Prison Break)
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Hello Jack,

Nice to see you on here again, you sound far more positive and relaxed.

Your Nan will have been enjoying your company more than you realise! Us girlies love to watch DVD's - don't stop now !!

Take care
Vicky
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, Got a call from them last night from New Zealand. They called at 10:00pm UK Time & 09:00AM New Zealand Time. Everything is fine although getting there was a hell of a hasle. After the initial problems in Dubai the plane was forced to stay even longer due to air-con problems then when they eventually left Dubai they were told they had to make an emergency landing in Perth as a woman was seriously ill (stroke). The panic was that Perth's Airport isn't built to accomidate the Airbus A380. They landed fine but then had to remain on the plane while the woman was removed to be taken to hospital. THEN! The Captain informed the passengers had overdone their hours so they had to wait in Perth for a new crew to fly out from Sydney, when they finally arrived, they left for Sydney. At which point the flight from Sydney - Auckland had been cancelled due to the huge delay so they had to be put on a flight the next day. They were then toldt that they had to be given an Australian Visa in order to leave the Airport to be put up in a Hotel. Then on returning to the airport the next day as instructed they were informed that the flight was fully booked and that they again had to wait util the next on the day after. Thankfully they are now in New Zealand, and they've apparently took the weather with them as it was pouring down there. They even made the news in Australia....

http://www.watoday.com.au/travel/a38...0815-elkr.html
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:43 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, Got a call from them last night from New Zealand. They called at 10:00pm UK Time & 09:00AM New Zealand Time. Everything is fine although getting there was a hell of a hasle. After the initial problems in Dubai the plane was forced to stay even longer due to air-con problems then when they eventually left Dubai they were told they had to make an emergency landing in Perth as a woman was seriously ill (stroke). The panic was that Perth's Airport isn't built to accomidate the Airbus A380. They landed fine but then had to remain on the plane while the woman was removed to be taken to hospital. THEN! The Captain informed the passengers had overdone their hours so they had to wait in Perth for a new crew to fly out from Sydney, when they finally arrived, they left for Sydney. At which point the flight from Sydney - Auckland had been cancelled due to the huge delay so they had to be put on a flight the next day. They were then toldt that they had to be given an Australian Visa in order to leave the Airport to be put up in a Hotel. Then on returning to the airport the next day as instructed they were informed that the flight was fully booked and that they again had to wait util the next on the day after. Thankfully they are now in New Zealand, and they've apparently took the weather with them as it was pouring down there. They even made the news in Australia....

http://www.watoday.com.au/travel/a38...0815-elkr.html
What the hell?!!!??!

What a journey eh?

If it was me, Emirates would know about me... Trust me!! LOL Disgusting! Why not put everyone on other airlines?? Ridiculous! Absolutely, ridiculous!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG they most certainly had quite a journey, i hope all is ok when i fly with emirates nxt week

Glad they have arrived safely at last

Last edited by MooMoo290373; Aug 19th 2009 at 7:00 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, what a joke. I'd have thought the journey was quite long enough without unscheduled delays in Dubai, Perth & Sydney.
Great news that they've arrived at last.......and yes, you're right, the weather has been horrendous today, cold, incessant rain & downright miserable. But on the positive side things really can only improve from here...surely

Good to hear from you, and I'm so pleased that you seem to be sounding more relaxed now. I hope everything works out for you, and I bet your Nan is really enjoying your company. Take care.......and maybe I'll get to meet you here in Rotorua one day
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:01 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tomsk
Oh my goodness, what a joke. I'd have thought the journey was quite long enough without unscheduled delays in Dubai, Perth & Sydney.
Great news that they've arrived at last.......and yes, you're right, the weather has been horrendous today, cold, incessant rain & downright miserable. But on the positive side things really can only improve from here...surely

Good to hear from you, and I'm so pleased that you seem to be sounding more relaxed now. I hope everything works out for you, and I bet your Nan is really enjoying your company. Take care.......and maybe I'll get to meet you here in Rotorua one day
Wow, what a journey from hell that musy have been like the other jack, glad to hear from you, you do sound a lot better and hopefully you will get stronger with time
tina. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.