Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Please help, I'm confused!!

Please help, I'm confused!!

Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

hanjan will become famous soon enoughhanjan will become famous soon enough
Default Please help, I'm confused!!

I have been issued a residence visa and a returning resident's visa, and along with my family we will be arriving in NZ on the 19th September.
Now.....Do i need to complete an application to work in New Zealand form (nzs 1015) or not? I have spoken to somebody at NZIS today, who tells me i need to complete the form and it will cost £80 and take three weeks to process.
So, I print the guide for working in New Zealand form to help me complete the NZ1015 and under the heading 'who does not need a work visa or permit to work in new zealand' it says "you do not need a work visa or work permit if you are a New Zealand Residence permit holder". So now I am really confused, DO I OR DON'T I??? Any advice gratefully accepted.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Please help, I'm confused!!

I wouldn't think you would need a work permit as you will be stamped in with a residence permit when you arrive. In my experience I've never had to fill in anymore immigration forms since we were granted residency.
Odd.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Check your blue stickers don't have any conditions but we arrived in Aug 05 with resident's and returning resident's visas, got a stamp in our passport on arrival in Aug 05 granting us a residence permit (standard procedure) and have not needed to complete any other work visa forms.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived June '06 with PR, needing no further visa's. I had a job to go to & it stated on the blue sticker that I had to stay in that job for 3 months to validate PR.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hanjan
I have been issued a residence visa and a returning resident's visa, and along with my family we will be arriving in NZ on the 19th September.
Now.....Do i need to complete an application to work in New Zealand form (nzs 1015) or not? I have spoken to somebody at NZIS today, who tells me i need to complete the form and it will cost £80 and take three weeks to process.
So, I print the guide for working in New Zealand form to help me complete the NZ1015 and under the heading 'who does not need a work visa or permit to work in new zealand' it says "you do not need a work visa or work permit if you are a New Zealand Residence permit holder". So now I am really confused, DO I OR DON'T I??? Any advice gratefully accepted.

Don't do it Hanjan, they've had enough of your hard earned money already

You are already legal with your Residency Visas. We've been here 4 months and no problems.

You will need to get yourself (and your family) an IRD number.

My OH phoned them when we got here and got his faxed over to him within 2 hours. I sent mine & the kids in the post and were also back within 10 days

http://www.ird.govt.nz/forms-guides/...ml?id=homepage
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

hanjan will become famous soon enoughhanjan will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice and saving me some money!!
I've applied for my IRD number already, but OH still needs to sort himself out, so thanks for the link
Do I need to get an IRD number for the children as well? (They are 8 and 7 )
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:38 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by hanjan
Thanks for the advice and saving me some money!!
I've applied for my IRD number already, but OH still needs to sort himself out, so thanks for the link
Do I need to get an IRD number for the children as well? (They are 8 and 7 )
Not right away, but if you want to claim childcare expenses they will have to have their own IRD number. Don't worry, the numbers are a breeze to get.