British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Please help if you can! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/please-help-if-you-can-672830/)

philwhite Jun 17th 2010 11:31 am

Please help if you can!

Hi there.
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for coming here under false pretences. I'm not, or do I have any intention of emigrating to New Zealand......much as I'd love to.
The U.K. is not really a good place to be right now!
I am trying to find some friends from Shrewsbury , Shropshire, who moved to NZ about 6 or 7 years ago. Their names are Dave and Louise Heath. Dave was ex RAF, and had a job in ordinance with the NZAF in Christchurch.
Dave had 2 of his sons by a previous marriage living with them. their names are Ashley, and Jordon. They also had a daughter of their own called Maisie.
They lived on the South island near the south coast, close to louise' sister.
That's as much as I can tell you! If you know them or their where-abouts,please contact me on '[email protected]'.
I know this is a very longshot, but I've tried all the other more usual routes.
It's not that I have anything important to tell them, but we were quite close to Louise and Dave, and I would like to make contact again.
Many thanks to anyone with any information, in advance
Regards
Phil and Jackie White. :fingerscrossed::thumbsup:

bga Jun 17th 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Please help if you can!

hi there, may be obvious but not if you haven't thought about it.. you done a facebook search ? lots of people by those names on there :thumbup:

Am Loolah Jun 17th 2010 9:03 pm

I expect you've already tried but the NZ phonebook may help?
:thumbup:

Leither Jun 18th 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by philwhite (Post 8638582)
Hi there.
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for coming here under false pretences. I'm not, or do I have any intention of emigrating to New Zealand......much as I'd love to.
The U.K. is not really a good place to be right now!
I am trying to find some friends from Shrewsbury , Shropshire, who moved to NZ about 6 or 7 years ago. Their names are Dave and Louise Heath. Dave was ex RAF, and had a job in ordinance with the NZAF in Christchurch.
Dave had 2 of his sons by a previous marriage living with them. their names are Ashley, and Jordon. They also had a daughter of their own called Maisie.
They lived on the South island near the south coast, close to louise' sister.
That's as much as I can tell you! If you know them or their where-abouts,please contact me on '[email protected]'.
I know this is a very longshot, but I've tried all the other more usual routes.
It's not that I have anything important to tell them, but we were quite close to Louise and Dave, and I would like to make contact again.
Many thanks to anyone with any information, in advance
Regards
Phil and Jackie White. :fingerscrossed::thumbsup:

Hi,

If you check the Forces Reunited website there is a Dave Heath who left the RAF in 1996. He was an Armourer and served at Shawbury (amongst others) so it could be the same guy. You should be able to send him a message via the site although you may need to register.

An alternative site to try is "egoat", which is an unofficial RAF site with numerous forums including one where people are looking for others.

Good luck.

philwhite Jun 18th 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Leither (Post 8641412)
Hi,

If you check the Forces Reunited website there is a Dave Heath who left the RAF in 1996. He was an Armourer and served at Shawbury (amongst others) so it could be the same guy. You should be able to send him a message via the site although you may need to register.

An alternative site to try is "egoat", which is an unofficial RAF site with numerous forums including one where people are looking for others.

Good luck.

Thanks for that.:thumbsup: I'll check that out...from what you say, that could be the guy I'm looking for. Here's hoping!:fingerscrossed:

Leither Jun 18th 2010 5:52 pm

No problem. If you have problems registering with the Forces Reunited site let me know and I will send him a message. If it is the same guy then his profile is out of date on that site as it says he is working at St Athan in Wales, but that's not too unusual. As long as he still has his old email address then he should get any messages sent via the site.

There are at least a couple of ex-RAF living in NZ who subscribe to egoat.

Genesis Jun 18th 2010 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8639666)
I expect you've already tried but the NZ phonebook may help?
:thumbup:

I tried it for them and rang a couple in Chch with the same initials but it wasn't them.

cally49 Jun 19th 2010 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 8641699)
I tried it for them and rang a couple in Chch with the same initials but it wasn't them.

How funni so did i people will wonder whats going on lol:)

Genesis Jun 19th 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by cally49 (Post 8642332)
How funni so did i people will wonder whats going on lol:)

GREAT minds aye?