Please Help...

Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

HotSpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help...

Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I had a few queries regarding NZ Work Permit. Actually I got an offer from NZ Employer I'd be filing for Work permit.. Now would it be feasible if I go there and bring my family to NZ (by filing another VISA case?) at any later stage since i might find it difficult to settle in initially.. What are the pros n cons of that ?

Thanks for any info
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help...

Hi

Yes you can apply for your families visa' at the same time as yours. Your partner will get their own Work Permit/visa and any school aged children will receive student visa' providing their medicals and police checks are ok, that is.

Submit them all together and they will be sorted together and returned together Hope this helps

Michelle
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I just re-read it! I'm not sure about that as we filed them together. I shouldn't see any problem in doing so if you applied for them together then your family follow on later.

You could call NZIS and ask them, they can give you the definite answer

Michelle
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:08 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HotSpot
Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I had a few queries regarding NZ Work Permit. Actually I got an offer from NZ Employer I'd be filing for Work permit.. Now would it be feasible if I go there and bring my family to NZ (by filing another VISA case?) at any later stage since i might find it difficult to settle in initially.. What are the pros n cons of that ?

Thanks for any info
Welcome to the forum.

Personally unless your used to working away from home I think it might be more difficult to settle on your own. Pro's and Con's for both, at least you would have accommodation for when family arrived.

Agree apply for all and have family follow at a later date.

Anyway mainly wanted to say welcome

Pauline
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there! Welcome!
Before I moved to NZ I had a job offer from an NZ employer. I was initially going to go for a work permit (3 years, and restricted me to that particular employer). I consulted an immigration agent based in NZ while I was in the UK (mixed reviews on this site about using an agent, but my NZ employer committed to paying some money towards this, and they were excellent), and they advised that I went for Permanent Residency instead. May be an option you want to explore? Maybe your employer would help you like mine did.
If you want more information let me know
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks for such prompt replies all of you..
Originally Posted by NZBee
Hi there! Welcome!
Before I moved to NZ I had a job offer from an NZ employer. I was initially going to go for a work permit (3 years, and restricted me to that particular employer). I consulted an immigration agent based in NZ while I was in the UK (mixed reviews on this site about using an agent, but my NZ employer committed to paying some money towards this, and they were excellent), and they advised that I went for Permanent Residency instead. May be an option you want to explore? Maybe your employer would help you like mine did.
If you want more information let me know
My employer thinks I should apply for "Talent Long Term Skill Shortage Work to Residence" category Pls help me in deciding the correct path as I want to establish myself in NZ and get PR eventually..

@NZbee pls tell me details on what your experiences are..
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I will PM you...
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Can anyone PM me his Yahoo Id or MSN Id ? I need to have a discussion in detail as it seems bit difficult in board messages...