British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Playdates - 10 Month Old - Auckland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/playdates-10-month-old-auckland-717697/)

Hellie73 May 19th 2011 10:07 pm

Playdates - 10 Month Old - Auckland

We have just moved to Auckland, looking things to do during the week I have a 10 month old daughter and she is starting to resent going for long walks. (Me too have you seen some of those hills!) Would love to meet up with some other mums and babies/toddlers. For chats and play. We are renting in Orakei temporarily but I can either borrow the car or use the bus to get around. :fingerscrossed:

Am Loolah May 20th 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Playdates - 10 Month Old - Auckland

Originally Posted by Hellie73 (Post 9375956)
We have just moved to Auckland, looking things to do during the week I have a 10 month old daughter and she is starting to resent going for long walks. (Me too have you seen some of those hills!) Would love to meet up with some other mums and babies/toddlers. For chats and play. We are renting in Orakei temporarily but I can either borrow the car or use the bus to get around. :fingerscrossed:

Hi Hellie and a very warm welcome to BE.:thumbup:

I've edited your thread title so that hopefully more people will read it and then respond. I suggest you perhaps put a similar thread in the Intros forum.

Anyway, happy posting and I hope you meet some people in your area soon.:thumbsup:

Loubielou May 25th 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Helen,

I live in Meadowbank which is not far from Orakei, I have 2 little girls and would love to meet up for a playmate...let me know when is good for you and we can arrange something. I know exactly what you mean about the walks/hills!!

Louise

Hellie73 May 26th 2011 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Loubielou (Post 9388197)
Hi Helen,

I live in Meadowbank which is not far from Orakei, I have 2 little girls and would love to meet up for a playmate...let me know when is good for you and we can arrange something. I know exactly what you mean about the walks/hills!!

Louise

Would love to meet up next week, how is wednesday or thursday, I am still very new to the area is there any where that you know that is kiddy friendly that we could try?

Loubielou May 26th 2011 10:09 pm

Will pm you over the weekend, next week sounds good! :D

LukeandJo Jun 5th 2011 11:49 pm

Hi there,

I too have a 10 month old little boy, am new to Auckland and would love to meet up. We're living pretty centrally, but can get the bus out to the suburbs or meet up with you if you are in town.
Jo (and Noah)

Hellie73 Jun 7th 2011 7:36 am

Hi LukeandJo

I have just sent you a PM would love to meet up with you both.

becksock Oct 4th 2011 6:52 pm

Hi there

I've recently moved to Auckland (living in Mount Wellington) from Christchurch and don't know anyone with children (my son is 13 months). We'd love to catch up with you guys if possible. It is a lot harder to meet Mums here than I thought it would be!

Thanks.