Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Planning to relocate to NZ

Planning to relocate to NZ

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:40 am
Just Joined

bambie283176 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys.. Just wondering if its better to have a job offer first before applying for residence as I got qualifications. Or apply for work permit and come over to NZ.

Dont know how to put a new post...sorry

Thanks.

HI Guys. I am a nurse for about 15 years in NHS UK. I have broke up with my ex husband and I just want to start fresh in NZ.
Please can anyone help me what to do first. I have checked the points system and it looks like I can apply for skilled migrant . But I don't seem to find job that will offer me. So was thinking, would be wise to be patiently look for job first or apply the residence permit and find job when I get there in NZ?
Hope to get some input to anyone please.

Many Thanks.

Bams

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 1st 2016 at 8:40 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Planning to relocate to NZ

Originally Posted by bambie283176
HI Guys. I am a nurse for about 15 years in NHS UK. I have broke up with my ex husband and I just want to start fresh in NZ.
Please can anyone help me what to do first. I have checked the points system and it looks like I can apply for skilled migrant . But I don't seem to find job that will offer me. So was thinking, would be wise to be patiently look for job first or apply the residence permit and find job when I get there in NZ?
Hope to get some input to anyone please.

Many Thanks.

Bams
Hi there and welcome to the wonderful world of New Zealand.
I emigrated to NZ nearly 13 years ago.

I will move this to the Nz forum for you as I feel you will gain better chat there.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to relocate to NZ

To get a visa to enable you to work you will need a valid visa. being a Nurse you will have to have your qualifications accessed and also have take the International English Language Test and pass at the appropriate level.

So best look into getting your qualifications accessed by going to the International registration / Nurses / Home - Nursing Council of New Zealand and having a read