Reload this Page >

Planning Permission

Planning Permission

Old Aug 29th 2018, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Thecaptain69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Planning Permission

Hi Guys

Looking for some advice.Does anyone know if it is easier in New Zealand to get planning permission than the UK?I'm currently having a nightmare with corrupt planners turning down my application for no good reasons.I'm only a young guy trying to get a starter home but life in the UK seems to be getting harder and harder.The council told me I should rent instead of building my own.

So looking for anyone from the UK with experience of doing a self build in NZ.For your info I just want a wee place in the country where I can live peacefully.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning Permission

I think the legal process in NZ is just as tortuous and expensive as UK given resource consents/planning permission etc. However the grey side seems to be flourishing, in that lots of people seem to live in extended caravans, transportable homes, modified ISO containers .or barns .. without much if any enforcement. Estate agents seem happy to advertise/sell 'unconsented' homes etc. In fact I have just sold a property with an 'unconsented' garage/workshop and the agent/buyer and the legal eagles seemed quite happy...
Old Aug 29th 2018, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Thecaptain69 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm that sounds ominous, I read that they have massive fines not having building consent. The UK has become crazy. I asked for a mobile temp home on my own land so I could run a smallholding and it was a solid no before even submitting. It's getting to the point now that your land is not actually yours to do anything with......
Old Aug 30th 2018, 7:50 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

its not illegal to sell unconsented added on to, but it must be declared to all interested party and its up to them to decide if they want to take the risk or not.
Mind you a consent really don't mean much just look at the news about the amount of wrongfully passed consents, the fact that homes are even built with out any forms of consent and you just have to look at the Bella Vista debacle to see how shoddie building over here can be.