British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Pixies playing in Christchurch in August! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/pixies-playing-christchurch-august-661795/)

Persephone Mar 29th 2010 11:04 pm

Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

Well this is probably only of interest to me [I can hear you all saying 'who?':p] but they are playing on the 3rd August, shame it's a Tuesday night but I'll be there

Just wondering if anyone else on here was planning on going.

Can't wait, it will be the first gig I've been to since I got here, I was spoilt living close to London;)
On second thoughts I really ought to grow up a little and act my age but life's too short:eek: I'll maybe try and stay out of the mosh though...:rofl:

pricklykina Mar 30th 2010 2:35 am

Re: Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

I went to the Auckland one...it was freakin fabulous...A brilliant night...so brilliant that I was investigating flying down to CHCH to see them again (I know someone that it is doing that too)

go and don't spare the horses

Persephone Mar 30th 2010 3:09 am

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8458920)
I went to the Auckland one...it was freakin fabulous...A brilliant night...so brilliant that I was investigating flying down to CHCH to see them again (I know someone that it is doing that too)

go and don't spare the horses

Let me know if you're coming! I'm going all alone as Mr S is not really into music and I'd rather be on my own than have to drag him along knowing he's hating it:rofl: I always go for standing as well so it's not so obvious that I'm Norman no-Mates;)
Saw them a few years ago and had an excellent night. Couldn't make it to Auckland unfortunately.

MattandJax Mar 30th 2010 11:06 am

Darn it!!
They already played Auckland in March! by the time we get there they'll be long gone!

Justcol Mar 30th 2010 7:47 pm

would love to see em but cant stretch to it at the moment

I'm also gutted because the Libertines are reforming to play
a couple of festivals in the uk and i'm not gonna see them either :(

Dustybin Apr 27th 2010 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8458491)
Well this is probably only of interest to me [I can hear you all saying 'who?':p] but they are playing on the 3rd August, shame it's a Tuesday night but I'll be there

Just wondering if anyone else on here was planning on going.

Can't wait, it will be the first gig I've been to since I got here, I was spoilt living close to London;)
On second thoughts I really ought to grow up a little and act my age but life's too short:eek: I'll maybe try and stay out of the mosh though...:rofl:

I'm going.. :thumbsup:

Stoof Apr 27th 2010 8:39 am

well, i'd probably have stumped up for the Akl-Chch flight…. BUT I'm not sure i'll run to Manc-Chch!!! :D

have fun!!

last gig I went to was Tom Waits in Edinburgh the year before we came out here! far too long ago, but still feel all tingly thinking about it - absolutely ace!

saw the libtertines in carlisle before they got big (that's cos no-one that's big plays carlisle!!:rofl:) good night too!

love30stm Apr 27th 2010 8:50 am

Originally Posted by colandros (Post 8460893)
would love to see em but cant stretch to it at the moment

I'm also gutted because the Libertines are reforming to play
a couple of festivals in the uk and i'm not gonna see them either :(

my daughter is gutted...she loves the libertines also!

love30stm Apr 27th 2010 8:51 am

1 Attachment(s)
All I can say is 30 Seconds to mars are coming :) on the 3rd August and I know who I would rather see

pricklykina Apr 27th 2010 12:24 pm

Pixies are just classic though...legendary...god...I wish i was going again...but spent far too much in wellington and want my world cup tickets so won't be going out for 500 days

BEVS Apr 27th 2010 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 8524098)
on the 3rd August and I know who I would rather see

Me ? My birthday :)

Persephone Apr 28th 2010 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Dustybin (Post 8523771)
I'm going.. :thumbsup:

Maybe see you there then:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 8524078)
well, i'd probably have stumped up for the Akl-Chch flight…. BUT I'm not sure i'll run to Manc-Chch!!! :D

have fun!!

last gig I went to was Tom Waits in Edinburgh the year before we came out here! far too long ago, but still feel all tingly thinking about it - absolutely ace!

saw the libtertines in carlisle before they got big (that's cos no-one that's big plays carlisle!!:rofl:) good night too!

Oh why not? Live a little Stoof, we've got a spare bed you can doss down on!

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8524489)
Pixies are just classic though...legendary...god...I wish i was going again...but spent far too much in wellington and want my world cup tickets so won't be going out for 500 days

They were excellent the last times I saw them. Got stuck in the mosh at one of the gigs and got kicked in the head by a stage diver, a 'where is my mind' moment indeed.

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8524530)
Me ? My birthday :)

BEVS it's not all about you:p:p

Justcol Apr 28th 2010 6:18 am

I'm also cheesed off as i i've found out that The Wedding Present
are doing some OZ dates in december but nothing planned for NZ.(yet :fingerscrossed:)

If they dont come i'm booking flights to australia

Stoof May 4th 2010 9:10 am

Just spotted The Cult played Auckland last night! did anyone go???

love30stm May 4th 2010 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 8541108)
Just spotted The Cult played Auckland last night! did anyone go???

They were good in they're day:p