Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

Well this is probably only of interest to me [I can hear you all saying 'who?'] but they are playing on the 3rd August, shame it's a Tuesday night but I'll be there

Just wondering if anyone else on here was planning on going.

Can't wait, it will be the first gig I've been to since I got here, I was spoilt living close to London
On second thoughts I really ought to grow up a little and act my age but life's too short I'll maybe try and stay out of the mosh though...
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!

I went to the Auckland one...it was freakin fabulous...A brilliant night...so brilliant that I was investigating flying down to CHCH to see them again (I know someone that it is doing that too)

go and don't spare the horses
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
I went to the Auckland one...it was freakin fabulous...A brilliant night...so brilliant that I was investigating flying down to CHCH to see them again (I know someone that it is doing that too)

go and don't spare the horses
Let me know if you're coming! I'm going all alone as Mr S is not really into music and I'd rather be on my own than have to drag him along knowing he's hating it I always go for standing as well so it's not so obvious that I'm Norman no-Mates
Saw them a few years ago and had an excellent night. Couldn't make it to Auckland unfortunately.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Darn it!!
They already played Auckland in March! by the time we get there they'll be long gone!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

would love to see em but cant stretch to it at the moment

I'm also gutted because the Libertines are reforming to play
a couple of festivals in the uk and i'm not gonna see them either
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Well this is probably only of interest to me [I can hear you all saying 'who?'] but they are playing on the 3rd August, shame it's a Tuesday night but I'll be there

Just wondering if anyone else on here was planning on going.

Can't wait, it will be the first gig I've been to since I got here, I was spoilt living close to London
On second thoughts I really ought to grow up a little and act my age but life's too short I'll maybe try and stay out of the mosh though...
I'm going..
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i'd probably have stumped up for the Akl-Chch flight…. BUT I'm not sure i'll run to Manc-Chch!!!

have fun!!

last gig I went to was Tom Waits in Edinburgh the year before we came out here! far too long ago, but still feel all tingly thinking about it - absolutely ace!

saw the libtertines in carlisle before they got big (that's cos no-one that's big plays carlisle!!) good night too!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:50 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colandros
would love to see em but cant stretch to it at the moment

I'm also gutted because the Libertines are reforming to play
a couple of festivals in the uk and i'm not gonna see them either
my daughter is gutted...she loves the libertines also!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:51 am

All I can say is 30 Seconds to mars are coming on the 3rd August and I know who I would rather see
Attached Thumbnails Pixies playing in Christchurch in August!-dsc02569.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Pixies are just classic though...legendary...god...I wish i was going again...but spent far too much in wellington and want my world cup tickets so won't be going out for 500 days
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
on the 3rd August and I know who I would rather see
Me ? My birthday
Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:11 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Dustybin
I'm going..
Maybe see you there then

Originally Posted by Stoof
well, i'd probably have stumped up for the Akl-Chch flight…. BUT I'm not sure i'll run to Manc-Chch!!!

have fun!!

last gig I went to was Tom Waits in Edinburgh the year before we came out here! far too long ago, but still feel all tingly thinking about it - absolutely ace!

saw the libtertines in carlisle before they got big (that's cos no-one that's big plays carlisle!!) good night too!
Oh why not? Live a little Stoof, we've got a spare bed you can doss down on!

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Pixies are just classic though...legendary...god...I wish i was going again...but spent far too much in wellington and want my world cup tickets so won't be going out for 500 days
They were excellent the last times I saw them. Got stuck in the mosh at one of the gigs and got kicked in the head by a stage diver, a 'where is my mind' moment indeed.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Me ? My birthday
BEVS it's not all about you
Old Apr 28th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also cheesed off as i i've found out that The Wedding Present
are doing some OZ dates in december but nothing planned for NZ.(yet )

If they dont come i'm booking flights to australia
Old May 4th 2010, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Just spotted The Cult played Auckland last night! did anyone go???
Old May 4th 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof
Just spotted The Cult played Auckland last night! did anyone go???
They were good in they're day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.