Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pics of our local beaches

Pics of our local beaches

Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pics of our local beaches

Some actually came out!!

Heres a few local beaches for you to look at.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1383.jpg   Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1396.jpg   Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1382.jpg  

Last edited by SarahB; Aug 5th 2005 at 8:42 am.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics of our local beaches

and a few more...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1397.jpg   Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1398.jpg   Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1399.jpg   Pics of our local beaches-dcp_1400.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:45 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
and a few more...
Looks gorgeous, don't know how you're managing to get anything done, I'd be there all day every day.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Theyre gorgeous and a real treat for me coming from the Midlands. My little boy is a bit poorly but I took him out for a stroll this afternoon and he played in the sand for ages and loved it.... on the shopping list for tomorrow is a bucket and spade!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:58 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Theyre gorgeous and a real treat for me coming from the Midlands. My little boy is a bit poorly but I took him out for a stroll this afternoon and he played in the sand for ages and loved it.... on the shopping list for tomorrow is a bucket and spade!
When we were kids we went on holiday with another family, and their son hid my mum's shoes in the sand. We spent hours looking for them, all getting more and more sunburned, and never found them! Be warned - hide stuff!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:10 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

and a few more...
Lovely pictures thanks. What I like by far the best about them, is the fact that they are taken in winter. Just look at that blue sky!

I showed my OH the ones Biddy took of the North Shore last night and that is what we both commented on, he says we just don't know what a blue sky is over here. I think in our 8 years away from NZ we have both forgotton! I really wish now that we had gone over this month instead of waiting for December. My fear was that is would be grey, rainy and miserable (& I do know it could have been) for the whole time but looks like you're having a good run at the moment!

Hope your little boy gets better soon.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I hope so too as I'm not getting much sleep!

When we arrived in June it was like this weather....then the whole of July it seemed to rain...tomorrow is supposed to be the last nice sunny day...better make the most of it.

Some of the sunsets here are lovely too...nice colours and cloud formations. Sorry to go on, Ive always been fascinated by weather for some strange reason.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:44 am
Just Joined

dustinthewind is an unknown quantity at this point

and a few more...

Great photos Sarah just the sort of things people want to see. Could I suggest you take a few photos of your surroundings, houses, cars, childrens playgrounds, schools & local stores etc just to name a few things. You have the opportunity to show others things that just dont make it into the travel brochures etc & I think they would be much appreciated too.

Have to admit your photos of the beaches makes me long for summer all the more. So relaxing too just thinking about strolling along the beach barefoot the sand between my toes & the water ocassionally lapping at my ankles......ahhhhhhhh bliss so come on summer