Picking your spot

Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:10 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picking your spot

What made you choose the area in which you now or are going to live in New Zealand?

And was it the right choice?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Picking your spot

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
What made you choose the area in which you now or are going to live in New Zealand?

I tried it but it just bled alot!!!

Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Schools, house prices & travelling distance to Wellington

Absolutley

Last edited by poppets; Nov 10th 2006 at 7:25 am.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Picking your spot

Are people who don't live in NZ any more allowed to respond?

Buzzy
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Jack Daws]What made you choose the area in which you now or are going to live in New Zealand?

A Pin

So Far
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:31 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Are people who don't live in NZ any more allowed to respond?

Buzzy
Of course. I dont discriminate
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:34 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Of course. I dont discriminate
OK - we picked Hokitika because the inlaws lived there, but we lived in Christchurch for 3 months cos we thought it would be better for work. After 3 months of not getting any jobs in Christchurch we returned to Hokitika as Mrs Buzzy got a job there through her Mum.

It would have been a good choice for the scenic beauty of the place and the lifestyle but it was a crap choice financially. But then so was Christchurch.

Buzzy
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
OK - we picked Hokitika because the inlaws lived there, but we lived in Christchurch for 3 months cos we thought it would be better for work. After 3 months of not getting any jobs in Christchurch we returned to Hokitika as Mrs Buzzy got a job there through her Mum.

It would have been a good choice for the scenic beauty of the place and the lifestyle but it was a crap choice financially. But then so was Christchurch.

Buzzy
So if financially you could have made it work how then do you think your choice would have worked out?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

So if financially you could have made it work how then do you think your choice would have worked out?
Good question and one which we will never know the answer to.

My wife and kids are there on holiday right now and loving it. However after 18 months there in the 90's my wife said at the airport on the way back to the UK "I never want to live in New Zealand again". I felt the same.

I felt like NZ didn't want us and had done its best to frustrate our efforts to emigrate there at every turn.

Buzzy
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:16 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Would have been Welly as that's where my hubby is from but his whole family (all 5 of them ) moved to Auckland a couple of years before we got here so that's why we ended up here.

We love it here though so.... result! Mad is good
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Batty
Would have been Welly as that's where my hubby is from but his whole family (all 5 of them ) moved to Auckland a couple of years before we got here so that's why we ended up here.

We love it here though so.... result! Mad is good
I'm fairly mad - maybe we should all meet up when me & Mrs P & the nippers come thru AKL in Feb on our little reccy trip!!!

Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picking your spot

Once I had a really nasty spot on my bum...........
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Once I had a really nasty spot on my bum...........
Dont tell me.......... it left a big hole

Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:59 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin
I'm fairly mad - maybe we should all meet up when me & Mrs P & the nippers come thru AKL in Feb on our little reccy trip!!!

Have you booked your tickets yet? We should be going in early April. Hubby's still trying to pin down his bosses on how much (all unpaid!) time off he can take.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning (hoping) to move to Welly in January. Main reason is we are both children's nurses and outside of Aukland there is not much oportunity for both of us job wise. We also liked Welly well enough when we paid a fleeting visit last year but it wasn't our first choice. Got to go where the jobs are though ... time will tell if it's he right decision.
Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.