Pickfords

Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Sandra8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pickfords

We had Pickfords in last week to give us a quote and I wasn't impressed at all:

1. The guy arrived late.
2. He wasn't the guy that I was told would be coming and gave no expanation as to why not.
3. The first words out of his mouth were "don't both asking me any questions as I dont do international moves so I wont know any answers"????????
4. Was in the house 20 mins max and couldnt wait to get out of the door pleased as punch as he said he was given a two hour slot for this appointment so could have an early dart!
5. The guy left leaving no literature not even a business card?

I think what makes it worse is that we are returning customers and had a good experience with them previously. Still not heard anything quote wise and to be honest would not be surprised if I didnt even get a response.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Hello Tina

I will answer for Anniiee she is my OH.
We asked for quotes from Pickfords, PSS and Crown.
PSS came first, the guy was in the house for no more than 20 mins and gave the impression that he just wanted to leave and go home so first impression was not good.
Then came Pickfords, the guy was in the house for over an hour answering all my questions fully.
Crown obviously had too much work on at the time because they did not answer three emails, when I telephoned them they said that somebody would ring me back. I am still waiting.
When the quotes came in they were very close to each other so we went for Pickfords for two reasons.

1 The attitude of the guy who did the quote
2 It is Pickfords in Auckland not another company

We are extremely happy with Pickfords so far. They turned up on time both days two guys on day one three guys on day two. They were very polite and did not stop all day to the extent that my OH has emailed pickfords saying how pleased we were.
At the moment the container was put on the ship last Monday, how good the Auckland leg will be we still have to find out.
I am sure that you will find people who are not happy with Pickfords but to date our experience of them can only be described as excellent

regards

Mark
Hi Tina, much the same regarding the quotes etc. Pickfords promised to price match and they did. Being the same company in NZ was a strong factor also. Will let you know what they were like as they are coming Monday. Help !!! Bevissa
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great last weekend, you will no doubt be fed up of the smell of Jayes fluid by the end of it
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:37 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MOSO
We can't fault Pickfords so far, great packers and good liaison from their office in the UK. They use their own people in NZ, not a 3rd party like PSS.

We also went with Pickfords as they offered us as much as we needed of a 40ft container, not a 20ft one with the rest of our stuff having to go in another container. This service clinched it for us.

Crown were initially £2500 more expensive but were prepared to drop their price when we told them they were out of the running. Crown didn't then follow up their new quote or put it in writing so we went with Pickfords.
thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated. I will decide for definate as it is driving me buts lol. So many decisions to make all the time.

tina. x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
Have a great last weekend, you will no doubt be fed up of the smell of Jayes fluid by the end of it
Don't talk to me about Jeyes bloody cleaning fluid I got a rash on my legs where it dripped (I was wearing shorts) and my lovely pink rubber gloves got a hole in them so I have one wrinkled orange stained finger-nice and all I can smell is that stuff!! Bevissa
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:22 am
Just Joined

jo_hedge will become famous soon enoughjo_hedge will become famous soon enough

I used Pickfords - the Bucks branch from Husbourne Crawley. They were great when my stuff was in the UK, but once I got to NZ & then tried to get my stuff sent on, they really didn't have a clue! Despite telling me which ship my stuff would be on, they couldn't/didn't tell me how to track it. When I did some sleuthing & found out how, I then found that the ship they had said my stuff was on was not infact coming to NZ!!!! After a few freantic phone calls to the UK (more expense) they said that my stuff was going to change ship twice - Singapore & Sydney. The woman I had been dealing with in the UK (the 'overseas' expert at the branch) said she didn't know that this kind of thing happened. She also said she'd never heard of people either wanting to or being able to track their container!!!!! Good grief. The good folk in Auckland were much more helpful, knowledgable & competent. I was beginning to wonder whether I would actually ever see my worldly possessions again.
When my stuff did get to my NZ home, there was damage. I was frankly shocked at how my things had been packed, & was extremely pissed off, as I'd been told that they had to package the stuff otherwise if I did it & there was damage, it wouldn't be covered by insurance. The guys from NZ Pickfords who unpacked were also shocked & commented that it had not been packed properly (eg pictures/mirrors with no protection, lamps/small pictures & clothes chucked - literally - into the same box with no protective wrapping).
So please beware of Pickfords. Watch them like a hawk when they pack your precious stuff. I suppose it does differ from branch to branch though. Perhaps the one I used was just particularly shoddy.